Can't delete file on drive f:
Wink 
i've on drive f: a subfolder in a folder and ther's a file i can't delete!!!!  :veryangry:
i allready tried to delete the whole folder but doesn't work, everthing in the folder except this file was deleted....
...any ideas?!

thx defekt!

seem like the databse still has the item listed bcoz the properties looks like that there's a delete flag already set ?!
I was transferring movies over to my XBOX via FTP, and some random files were created with random symbols for titles. I cannot delete them through the FTP and i cant delete them from the file manager in XBMC.
You're allowed to create a new thread when the alternative is outright necromancy. Wink

Sounds a bit like cluster-based corruption - this is where you attempt to place more then a certain amount of data (usualy 256gb) onto a partition that just isn't setup to take it. Odds are other files that were already on the drive have been lost, and attempting to copy more stuff onto the drive will only make things worse. It would be well worth backing up the drive now.

The test is to install the EvoX dash (just dump it onto E as an app or something), load that up, and note the free space it lists for the suspect partition. Add a single file, 10kb or less, and subtract the new free space figure from the old. Divide the result by 1024, and you have your cluster size - this should be 32kb for 256gb+ partitions, or 64kb for 512gb+ partitions.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
I wish I posted about this before I transferred everything over, now that you said that, I was going through and checking my files.

Most of my movies only play for 15 min then get all garbled and corrupted....
Whole seasons of TV shows have vanished

no backups =(

FML
Ouch.

Stick the HDD in your PC and run PhotoRec over it. This may be able to recover some of your stuff, though you'll need another drive available to extract everything to.

To get the partition back to "working order", you'll need to format it using XBPartitioner. You need to tell it to resize the problem partition, format, then resize it again back to full capacity and format again. This should implement the correct cluster size, but it still pays to do that check using EvoX afterwards to be sure.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't delete file on drive f:0