[RELEASE] The Pirate Bay Scraper Plugin
Nooo don't stop!

It's very logical there are currently only 2 downloaders: uTorrent is a program for Windows. Windows users are likely to use the latest XBMC build wich simply cannot run any script or plugin...
10.05.2010 is the date I am waiting for since then with the major XBMC release all should be working...

Maybe a name that would reflect the possibilities would also attract more ppl.
Perhaps you could simply postpone development Wink
nononono. this plugin is absolutely fantastic. it sort of makes the entire xbmc experience complete for at least one user. plus, it's featured pretty prominently on the main xbmczone.com site. i'm shocked that you've only had two downloads so far. perhaps those downloaded directly from within xbmc's xbmczone plugin aren't registering or something. i'd encourage further development in any case. this works, and it's great.
twotone8 Wrote:i understand. i will ask, however, that you add support for labeling your torrents on the fly. i use labels to separate my downloads by folder, and it would be great if i could use your plugin to edit which label is applied to each torrent. i use one for tvshows, one for movies, and then i have a few other non-scraped folders.

Well the "rename" function it's actually "change label". I really don't understand how label work but i implemented that already, or at least i think so.
Try rename and see if it works. If not explain to me how does labels work and i'll what i can do.
twotone8 Wrote:nononono. this plugin is absolutely fantastic. it sort of makes the entire xbmc experience complete for at least one user. plus, it's featured pretty prominently on the main xbmczone.com site. i'm shocked that you've only had two downloads so far. perhaps those downloaded directly from within xbmc's xbmczone plugin aren't registering or something. i'd encourage further development in any case. this works, and it's great.

You are right.
actually, the 'label' is something completely different from the actual name of the torrent. the 'rename' feature in your plugin simply renames the torrent file as it's downloading. labeling different torrents allows you to download each torrent into a different category folder. in utorrent*URCK!!!!!!!*

*SCREEEE*

hold up. nevermind. you are absolutely right. the 'rename' feature in your program is exactly a label editor. thank you.
is there any way to use this with utorrent adder as opposed to the actual utorrent.exe?

i'm using this guide to automate my torrent downloads and i'm finding great success with it.

basically, all of my utorrent activity is taking place on a virtual machine on the home network. utorrent adder allows me to direct each click on a torrent link to the utorrent running on this virtual machine (through magic i assum). i'm not entirely sure how it works. all i know is that utorrent adder asks to be associated with the .torrent files and magnet links. when i click on a torrent file, it doesn't open on the utorrent on the local machine, but the virtual one.

i'd like to be able to use this with the pirate bay scraper, and i'm pretty sure it could work, but i'm not exactly sure how this plugin opens or manages the torrent files it's supposed to download. i renamed 'utorrent adder.exe' to 'utorrent.exe' and directed the plugin to the 'utorrent adder folder', but so far that doesn't seem to work. how exactly does this scraper open the torrent files? i assume it's a command line thing with the actual utorrent.exe. would it be at all possible to change the code so that it simply opens the .torrent file with teh program it's supposed to be associated with? thanx for all the help.

edit: just to clarify, it's still quite useful with this virtual install. i simply tell the plugin the url of my dynamic dns, and i'm able to manage the torrents operating on the virtual utorrent through it's own webui, it's just a matter of starting the torrents from this virtual install.

here are the utorrent adder command line options if it's of any help.

-profile="PROFILE NAME"
Add .torrent files to the specified profile name

-file="LOCAL TORRENT FILE PATH"
Add the specified local .torrent file

-url="TORRENT FILE URL"
Add the specified .torrent file URL
Why are you using virtual machine at all? Thats just crazy, a vm for utorrent?
Btw i've seen that guide before and it's such a waiste of time, except for unpacking rar, everything can be done automatically without all that hassle. Just set your rss feeds and rss downloader, and you are done. Rar files are not in my rss so even that's no issue. Seems like this guy has extremely overdone all this and people follow him blindly.
i dunno, there are advantages to having everything setup once and then you're done. you can port the thing to any pc you want. my virtualmachine is running Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs, so the resource footprint is completely negligible. it also keeps things nice and tidy. there are several layers of applications monitoring other applications and i'd prefer to have them all in one tidy corner. in any case, it doesn't seem to be out of the question to get the pluggin working with utorrent adder. i could probably rig something up myself if i knew how the plugin launched the .torrent files. would it be possible for a python newbie to deconstruct the script and poke around a bit?
twotone8 Wrote:is there any way to use this with utorrent adder as opposed to the actual utorrent.exe?

i'm using this guide to automate my torrent downloads and i'm finding great success with it.

basically, all of my utorrent activity is taking place on a virtual machine on the home network. utorrent adder allows me to direct each click on a torrent link to the utorrent running on this virtual machine (through magic i assum). i'm not entirely sure how it works. all i know is that utorrent adder asks to be associated with the .torrent files and magnet links. when i click on a torrent file, it doesn't open on the utorrent on the local machine, but the virtual one.

i'd like to be able to use this with the pirate bay scraper, and i'm pretty sure it could work, but i'm not exactly sure how this plugin opens or manages the torrent files it's supposed to download. i renamed 'utorrent adder.exe' to 'utorrent.exe' and directed the plugin to the 'utorrent adder folder', but so far that doesn't seem to work. how exactly does this scraper open the torrent files? i assume it's a command line thing with the actual utorrent.exe. would it be at all possible to change the code so that it simply opens the .torrent file with teh program it's supposed to be associated with? thanx for all the help.

edit: just to clarify, it's still quite useful with this virtual install. i simply tell the plugin the url of my dynamic dns, and i'm able to manage the torrents operating on the virtual utorrent through it's own webui, it's just a matter of starting the torrents from this virtual install.

here are the utorrent adder command line options if it's of any help.

-profile="PROFILE NAME"
Add .torrent files to the specified profile name

-file="LOCAL TORRENT FILE PATH"
Add the specified local .torrent file

-url="TORRENT FILE URL"
Add the specified .torrent file URL

Oh my god that's a lot of typing. Don't you have a video version of the requestLaugh. Now getting serious, i thing utorrent adder it would be a waste of time, because the adder bassically uses utorrent web ui, which i also do in my plugin for the utorrent monitor part and torrentz.com. Let me explain how torrentz code works. When you decided to download a torrent from torrentz it sends the selected link via web interface to the utorrent with web ui settings specified in plugin settings. So some of what you are asking is already implemented.
Now in order to test it you must configure the plugin correctly. Localhost or 127.0.0.1 are reserved ips for internal procces, means that you use them when you have utorrent on the same pc. If you want to connect to utorrent on an other pc or vm in your case which is the same, you must put the ip you have on that machine.
If you can use the integrated utorrent monitor it means that the connection is working properly and theoretically you can already use torrentz with the vm and that long guideLaugh. The pirate bay needs some modification in order to work. But i won't modify it until you get torrentz working.
twotone8 Wrote:i dunno, there are advantages to having everything setup once and then you're done. you can port the thing to any pc you want. my virtualmachine is running Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs, so the resource footprint is completely negligible. it also keeps things nice and tidy. there are several layers of applications monitoring other applications and i'd prefer to have them all in one tidy corner. in any case, it doesn't seem to be out of the question to get the pluggin working with utorrent adder. i could probably rig something up myself if i knew how the plugin launched the .torrent files. would it be possible for a python newbie to deconstruct the script and poke around a bit?

Your are partially right. It can become platform independent. Never thought of that, actually i did. But if you use utorrent adder it restricts you to windows. If you use utorrent web ui you can use it on virtually any platform because they all support http protocol. Meaning if you can use xbmc and and a web browser it should work. Nowwww get to work and keep me posted.Laugh
@zilexa: do you know if it is possible to update list items? I think it would be nice if torrent progress would automatically update itself like in utorrent.
hmmm not sure what you mean with "list items"?
In the webgui in my browser, the progress of each torrent seems to be realtime...

@twotone8: simply use the IP address/host ip of your VM to access its webgui would be enough (make sure webgui is enabled). No need to modify this plugin.
Also, exporting your uTorrent to another machine can be done easily:
Start > Run > %appdata%\uTorrent
Back up rss.dat and settings.dat and restore it on any pc.. but I never completely read that guide so there must be more benefits.
zilexa Wrote:hmmm not sure what you mean with "list items"?
In the webgui in my browser, the progress of each torrent seems to be realtime...

@twotone8: simply use the IP address/host ip of your VM to access its webgui would be enough (make sure webgui is enabled). No need to modify this plugin.
Also, exporting your uTorrent to another machine can be done easily:
Start > Run > %appdata%\uTorrent
Back up rss.dat and settings.dat and restore it on any pc.. but I never completely read that guide so there must be more benefits.

Listitems are the text lines that appears in xbmc when you open a plugin or folder source
If you still don't understand i'll make a picture
i have webui configured correctly for my virtual machine. as of now i can manage the torrents already downloading just fine. i attempted to download something from 'torrentz' as oppposed to 'the pirate bay' from the plugin, but i simply get an "error: script failed (the pirate bay)" message.

it sounds like it's very close to working though. perhaps i'll try an updated version of the plugin (thanx for fixing the 'label' thing by the way. or renaming it rather)

as of now i'm inputting my dynamic dns address into the plugin webui address

'myfullname'.dyndns.tv. port 8081. perhaps i'll attempt a 192.168.1.89:8081 configuration and see if that works any better. all the ports are setup and the webui works just fine.

edit: same error when using new version. shame. not sure what the issue is.

edit again: hrm. as it turns out, i can't even use 'torrentz' when the plugin is linked to my local machine either. i get the same error. so 'torrentz' access was failing for me even before i was trying to access my virtual machine.

i now have two copies of utorrent running. one for the local, and one for virtual. i'd prefer not to have utorrent running at all on my local htpc. i'm one step away from making this possible.

oh, and another advantage of running things from a virtual machine is that you have remote access to your library management from remote desktop. you can futz with settings or download new stuff even while you're watching stuff.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Pirate Bay Scraper Plugin0