Media Center Master - Now also compatible with XBMC
A few things. I would love this to have an interface like CouchPotato for downloading movies. Also my usenet has SSL ability but I haven't seen that in MCM.

Also I haven't found it but is there away to process files with missing meta-data? I mean I can do them manually one by one or and I process all files but I haven't seen a way to process all files missing meta-data.
IOERROR Wrote:I would love this to have an interface like CouchPotato for downloading movies.
It's on the official to-do list (we have an Issue Tracker at the main website to track features and bugs).

IOERROR Wrote:Also my usenet has SSL ability but I haven't seen that in MCM.
This is on my private to-do list -- no one's suggested it yet. Smile

IOERROR Wrote:Also I haven't found it but is there away to process files with missing meta-data? I mean I can do them manually one by one or and I process all files but I haven't seen a way to process all files missing meta-data.
Yes, there's several ways to do this... easiest is to just turn on Auto-Scan which looks for titles missing meta-data and automatically adds them to your fetch queue.

You can also multiselect and right-click and choose to fetch them (the Filter button will help you weed out only titles that are missing meta-data).

Also, you can drag-n-drop files and folders from Windows directly to Media Center Master and it will add them to your fetch queue, even if they're not in your configured scan folders.
Peter Souza IV
Media Center Master (MCM)
Usenet & torrent downloading, artwork management, theatrical trailers, subtitles, organization and metadata for movies & television, and more...
I used to use MCM for WMC but XBMC already scrapes thumb, fanart, info, etc. for my library.
Why do I need this?
What am I missing?

Thanks!
mattchapman Wrote:I used to use MCM for WMC but XBMC already scrapes thumb, fanart, info, etc. for my library.
Why do I need this?
What am I missing?

Thanks!

It works great for automagic torrent downloading. The usenet function is still in beta though. Xbmc does a great job but MCM is better as far as scraping, renaming, ect.... MCM also allows you to pick your thumbnails, fanart, banners ect.. if there are more than one.

I was using this up until a few weeks ago when I switched to NZB's. I will probably come back to this program when all of the bugs are worked out with nzb downloading. Currently using sickbeard, sabnzb, CP. Im not a fanart/thumbnail freak so sickbeards scraping is fine for now.
Usenet has been out of beta for over a month. Smile

Media Center Master is more of an all-in-one solution to media organization and acquisition, including all supplemental files (theatrical trailers, subtitles, artwork, meta-data, etc.) and has several tricks up its sleeve that you won't find elsewhere, to be honest: such as dual-scan mode for fetching movies that lets you use the combined meta-data from two sources instead of restricting you to a single source (default is both IMDB.com and themoviedb.org).
Peter Souza IV
Usenet & torrent downloading, artwork management, theatrical trailers, subtitles, organization and metadata for movies & television, and more...
i hope this is better than ember if so ill replace it with this asap, any feedback?
I'm the creator/author, so my opinion is biased. No harm in trying it out for yourself though: http://www.MediaCenterMaster.com

We have a fairly active forum if you have questions or need suggestions/recommendations.
Peter Souza IV
hentai23 Wrote:i hope this is better than ember if so ill replace it with this asap, any feedback?

It is on par with ember. I personally just dont like ember for some reason. MCM is what I started with and probably will switch back.

I for some reason couldnt get usenent to work. I also did put much research into getting it to work either. Like I said earlier though, its torrent downloading is top-notch, im sure NZB's are as well. I still have 11 months left on my subscription, trust me, I will not waste it.
Well after trying ember I hopped on the MCM bandwagon. It's dl'ing trailers as I type....but it looks like I'll have to move them and rename them all to XBMC nameing convention. Oh Well, can't have everything. One suggestion, a current beginner's guide dl'able in PDF format would be really nice.....
well after trying it out i found this ....what about TOKEN AUTHENTICATION for utorrent having to disable it is a very bad idea you know that?

if youd add token compatibility itd be very much appreciated ,or else youd leave yourself open to potential threats Oo
well you there psouza4 ?

matter of fact ive compared the results of youre scraping to embers and yours is a car crash in results lots of incorrect thumbs , metadata etc ...no offense -.-', protip: you should look at how ember does it and try to build upon that , since its rock solid in scraping ..

not to mention you download all the data to a cache instead of downloading the info to the corresponding movie folders themselves wich is bad,

after all this , honestly the only reason why ive even considerd youre app was the autoremove completet torrents option, so my question is could you make a seperate program that does just that ? would be appreciated

or if not anybody know where i could get such a prog?
hentai23 Wrote:well after trying it out i found this ....what about TOKEN AUTHENTICATION for utorrent having to disable it is a very bad idea you know that?

if youd add token compatibility itd be very much appreciated ,or else youd leave yourself open to potential threats Oo
This was originally implemented back when uTorrent 2.0 had just come out and due to a number of bugs with uTorrent, the token authentication had to be removed. It's an active request to re-implement it.

hentai23 Wrote:well you there psouza4 ?
Sorry, I don't get instant notifications on this thread (I have an entire forum for Media Center Master that I constantly maintain all day every day -- it's really the best way to reach me for support and questions).

hentai23 Wrote:matter of fact ive compared the results of youre scraping to embers and yours is a car crash in results lots of incorrect thumbs , metadata etc ...no offense
No offense taken -- I would challenge your claim, though. Either you've done something horribly wrong or somehow found a very old version of the product, perhaps. I'd like to see some specific results so I can compare.

hentai23 Wrote:not to mention you download all the data to a cache instead of downloading the info to the corresponding movie folders themselves wich is bad,
Media Center Master does not keep an internal cache of meta art (and only basic meta details). All meta-data and artwork is downloaded locally to the media folders (and then some details are cached). Are you sure you sampled the correct program? This is Media Center Master.

hentai23 Wrote:after all this , honestly the only reason why ive even considerd youre app was the autoremove completet torrents option, so my question is could you make a seperate program that does just that ? would be appreciated

or if not anybody know where i could get such a prog?
Media Center Master is an all-in-one solution to media organization and acquisition -- there's really no purpose served in slicing apart its features (and would be a large effort to do since many of the features that make it work so well are dependent on the other features in the program).
Peter Souza IV
^ What Peter said.

It sounds as though you didn't take the time to set up MCM before beginning, or you just did something terribly wrong.

The only 'incorrect' scrapes I've ever gotten with MCM are when there are remakes of a movie. To rememdy, i simply add the date to the folder name and MCM works flawlessly. I have it set up to run behind the scenes and it never misses a beat. Going strong for almost about 6-mo now.

I don't have it set up to dl torrents or trailers (beacuse I'm a poor, cheap freeloader) but many do and haven't had issues.
hmmmmm .....must be doing something wrong then cause ive been getting incorrect thumbs its settings are at default except ive unchecked relaxed searching , to get tighter results....no success got a ton of incorrect thumbs as said -.-'

but its a good start nonetheless ,peace

and id appreciate if youd not make the torrents completed autoremove function an subscription only feature ...please -.-', you might not realize this but youre app is the only one on the entire net that successfully removes completed torrents...

and good to hear that it does download to the corresponding movie folders like ember , i had suspicions for some reason it wouldnt,my bad xD
hentai23 Wrote:hmmmmm .....must be doing something wrong then cause ive been getting incorrect thumbs its settings are at default except ive unchecked relaxed searching , to get tighter results....no success got a ton of incorrect thumbs as said -.-'
Again: I'd need to see a log and probably a copy of your Help -> Support Information so I can see which data fetchers you're using, in what order, and what artwork preferences you've configured. Without that, it's really not possible to help troubleshoot...

hentai23 Wrote:and id appreciate if youd not make the utorrent autoremove function an subscription only feature ...please -.-'
I'm sure you'd appreciate it even more if all of the premium features were free. The features that typically take the lion's share of my time to develop and maintain are the ones that fall under the premium tag, for the most part, and probably won't change (though it's not impossible -- I moved the caching system to free).
Peter Souza IV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Center Master - Now also compatible with XBMC0