• 11(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get AmbX with X11 working using Boblight and CombustD
Just start it from /etc/rc.local or something.
Has made all as it is described in the instruction, but at command input boblight-X11-t 0.1, there is a message: -bash: boblight-X11: command not found why doesn't work prompt?
bobo1on1 Wrote:Just start it from /etc/rc.local or something.

same problem here...

i am using 10.04 Ubuntu right now... when does ubuntu run this rc.local skript.

I can run my script as root after boot and it works like a charm:

Quote:#!/bin/sh
boblightd -f &
su - xbmc -c "DISPLAY=:0.0 boblight-X11 -o speed=25 -o value=20 -o saturation=1.5 -o threshold=50"

but this does not work in the rc.local. Maybe because XServer is not started up or something else, maybe the usb device is not initialized.
What can i co? Wink

Thx bob
Hi,

first @Krautmaster....

ist das dein Youtube Video? ( is this yoursHuh??)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Krautmaster8...TErudtjMH8

Where did you get this atmostripes? i want THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!also

i solve this by a atmotoggle script,
a modded excecutor plugin(for pre-eden, if you have the normal dahrma search the forum),
custom remote.xml to toggle between on of, bright, brighter.... (i use a logitech harmony one),
adding the display variable to /etc/environment

but, the .sh script must be owned by xbmc, not root for execution.

i want to write a how to... asap

but here my scripts/confs/modded executor......

https://rapidshare.com/files/2355784371/atmotools.rar

maybe someone can use it( hard work..... and trouble with my wife this weekend..... lol)
Software: XBMC Live Skin: Modded Confluence AppleTV2: XBMC....rocks
KARATELIGHT
muggi Wrote:Hi,

first @Krautmaster....

ist das dein Youtube Video? ( is this yoursHuh??)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Krautmaster8...TErudtjMH8

Where did you get this atmostripes? i want THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!also

i solve this by a atmotoggle script,
a modded excecutor plugin(for pre-eden, if you have the normal dahrma search the forum),
custom remote.xml to toggle between on of, bright, brighter.... (i use a logitech harmony one),
adding the display variable to /etc/environment

but, the .sh script must be owned by xbmc, not root for execution.

i want to write a how to... asap

but here my scripts/confs/modded executor......

https://rapidshare.com/files/2355784371/atmotools.rar

maybe someone can use it( hard work..... and trouble with my wife this weekend..... lol)

How work this? With this files, its possible to autostart boblight AND turn off/on boblight before and after sleep PC?

Thanks for your work muggi.

Regards.
Hi

The Problem is to autoststsrt boblight-x11...
Because the x- server, needed for boblight-x11, Starts After all
Boot Prozesses.

The scripts will start and stop boblightd and boblight-x11.
With the executor Plugin you can Start the scripts in the xbmc GUI
And with the keymap you can Start it with the Remote....

Greetz
KARATELIGHT
hy

Thanks for that great post. Got it smoothly working on my XBMC Live installation. But i have a question. Is it possible to achieve the same functionality on an Apple TV 2G? I tried it but couldn't load all the dependencies and i'm kind of a linux n00b.

greetz
boulala Wrote:hy

Thanks for that great post. Got it smoothly working on my XBMC Live installation. But i have a question. Is it possible to achieve the same functionality on an Apple TV 2G? I tried it but couldn't load all the dependencies and i'm kind of a linux n00b.

greetz

i think it is not possible... ATV2 is with ios, no linux, and the microusb is not for hosting devices....
KARATELIGHT
muggi Wrote:i think it is not possible... ATV2 is with ios, no linux, and the microusb is not for hosting devices....

damn you apple. thanks for the quick reply. guess i have to wait until someone ports the whole thing to ios Rolleyes
pluppp Wrote:Hi! Im getting this error: No protocol specified ERROR: Can't open display :0.0 when i try to run boblight-X11. Before it was: Can't open display (null) and i try this: export DISPLAY=:0.0, but no luck. Can somebody help me with this? My graphics card is Asus Geforce 7600GT. Thanks!
I solve this problem. Like I said before, I used these instructions. When i installed ubuntu it ask to create user and again another user before xbmc is about to install. So i have two user names, admin and xbmc. When i login as admin and run boblighd, it starts and working just fine. Then i have to login with xbmc account and run "export DISPLAY=:0.0" and boblight-X11, and everything works. But if i try to run boblight-X11 with admin account, it wont work. It says "Can't open display". And if i try run boblighd with xbmc account it came up with some error. Now i started to think that if i install ubuntu with same user (xbmc), would all works with same username...
boulala Wrote:damn you apple. thanks for the quick reply. guess i have to wait until someone ports the whole thing to ios Rolleyes

Um... and magically changes the hardware that comes with ATV2. There is NO way to hook it up. None.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
darkscout Wrote:Um... and magically changes the hardware that comes with ATV2. There is NO way to hook it up. None.

Well, boblight works over tcp, you could run a boblight client on the atv2 and boblightd on a different machine with usb and make it work.
The question then is, is the atv fast enough to read gpu data into system mem and keep normal video rendering going.
I'm trying to get this to work on Fedora 14. After some afternoons of cursing, yelling and throwing, I managed to get everything installed, configured and compiled. But, it still won't work.

It looks to me like combustd can't find the amBX device. When I connect the wallthing with USB, it starts flashing non-stop, so its working.

Here's the output of #boblightd

Code:
Starting popen daemon on ruby /usr/local/combustd/applications/boblight/boblight.rb

(...)

Format: ruby boblight.rb r1 g1 b1 r2 g2 b2 r3 g3 b3 r4 g4 b4 r5 g5 b5

Unable to find a ambx device

dmesg gives a lot of output with Philips amBX in it, but its not listed on lsusb. I'm out of idea's, any suggestions?
So this all looks really nice, but I can't find any amBX lighting for sale, anywhere.

Is it possible to find these any more?
Are there any equivalents available?

Thx
liam
liamf Wrote:So this all looks really nice, but I can't find any amBX lighting for sale, anywhere.

Is it possible to find these any more?
Are there any equivalents available?

Thx
liam

I am having to sell mine as new tv is mounted on the wall, i am going to have a go at building a flat version to fit in the 15mm gap now

if anyone from here wins it i'll knock 10% off final price

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...0860974669

Great guide by the way it worked really well with mine, hope the homemade version works as well as it really adds more depth to the movies. Big Grin
still learning linux, | Eve Media Box Case | Abit I-N73HD Motherboard | 2gb Ram | 8gb usb drive | xbmc live | 4tb Linux server |- Second box - XBMC live | GA-81915PM motherboard | 2gb Ram | Gainward 8400GS 512MB HDMI | 2.5" 60gb hard drive |Cheap MCE remote | Tvheadend server | Raspberry Pi | Acer Revo | Zotac ION
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO get AmbX with X11 working using Boblight and CombustD0