Smooth XBMC playback possible?
I have been struggling with this across the platforms, win7 x64 and Ubuntu, on Revo 3610 - how to achieve smooth playback for all movies? It's just jittery no matter what I try. Not too terrible, but annoying.

I have latest ION drivers, tried many DX builds of XBMC to no avail - frames seem to drop every 0,5s; almost looks like sync issue with TV. Revo BIOS is the latest.

VDPAU on Ubuntu, DXVA on win 7, tried different sync settings and window modes - always the same or worse.

What is it I keep missing here?
Sounds like you're playing a 23.976 fps video with the refreshrate set to 50 hertz.
Try setting it to 60 and turn on adjust refreshrate in xbmc.

Also post a debug log on pastebin: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File
It's only getting worse and worse. I have tried many things and now I am very close to throwing this entire setup out of the window.

1) XBMC live, any nightly build boots from USB with black screen
2) Win7, XBMC latest build (trunk or SVN) just cannot play any HD without stuttering.
3) FF and REW are broken in MKV ever since I switched to DXVA XBMC versions. Last time it worked with XBMC live and VDPAU on 9.11. Picture gets totally garbled with square artifacts during this. It cleans up eventually during normal play.
So instead of more whining why don't you try what bobo suggested? Why even ask in here if you aren't going to listen what someone (a dev at that) says to try?

Also since you are using a Revo, did you change the settings in the bios to allocate as much ram as possible to the ION chip?
SlaveUnit Wrote:So instead of more whining why don't you try what bobo suggested? Why even ask in here if you aren't going to listen what someone (a dev at that) says to try?

Also since you are using a Revo, did you change the settings in the bios to allocate as much ram as possible to the ION chip?

Well, let me spell it out just for you: I tried what dev suggested (and much more) and it did not work. And yes, I associated max RAM to ION, updated to latest BIOS. That exact same machine along with exact same BIOS settings when used with XBMC Live 9.11 works as it should. Smooth play, FF and REW with MKV.

It's win7 x64 with nightly builds that does not, and they are the only ones that have DXVA support afaik.
Huh If XBMCLive 9.11 works then why aren't you using it?
zdravke Wrote:Well, let me spell it out just for you: I tried what dev suggested (and much more) and it did not work. ...........

Ahhh no you didn't you missed the most important part so he can actually help
Quote:Also post a debug log on pastebin: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File
hi!

I was finally able (today) to get the perfect TRUE 1080p/24 playback,

Here is what I use;

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=29443

Fetch this version, it was compiled today and uses DSPlayer if you want make use of external filters (but I use the regular DVDPlayer not DSPlayer),

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-...e/download

Grab the latest ffdshow-tryouts x32 at sourceforge if you want to make use of the built in external DSPlayer with filters,

(make sure you clean up & delete all previous filters and/or splitters)

Now go through your XBMC options and be sure to activate the vertical blank synchronization, the Hardware DXVA2 hardware acceleration while keeping the mode to auto, the display refresh adjustment with an audio recode (or drop/dupe, your call) method and ta-da enjoy,

With this, I have an average 0.7% CPU consumption which is amazingly low & quite impressive, also off topic I have the chance to own a Toshiba 46" high-end LCD (no LED) which happen to have a DCDI Faroudja Cinema motion process which avoids the usual juddering problem while keeping an acceptable flicker level (see more @ http://www.projectorcentral.com/judder_24p.htm)

Also this runs on a core i7 with 6gigs of ram under W7 x64 with a simple 8500GT (PureVideo VP rev 2 with hardware X264 & partial VC1 decoding, will soon enough switch to a GT220 which has the VP rev 4 as far as I know with a full hardware support of X264, VC1, MPEG2 & MPEG4 (xvid & divx)

Hope that helps the community, at least this is what is working for me like a charm!
I downloaded that new build and found under playback that the "Enable Hardware Accelleration (DXVA2)" under the video playback settings and enabled that and it plays back smooth as silk on my Acer Revo 3610.

THIS IS WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR. Up to now I have been using Media Player Classic Home Cinema while waiting for this fix. I've been mourning the loss of XBMC for ages. Now I can go back to using XBMC as my core media player.

THANK YOU DEVS... THIS PROJECT ROCKS!
Glad it smoothly works for you too pal! Yes I'll adapt my post to reflect better the DXVA2,

Perhaps I should start a dedicated thread with screenshots & step-by-step way to get this wanted result if people ask for it...

But keep in mind that this is not a production situation meaning that from time to time if you create many interractions at the same time and/or in a short time XBMC may freeze so I'll advice to all fans who are using the same setup described upper in this post to be kind with the remote fast switching symptoms ;-)

PS: Also I'd be interested to gather user's experience with this latest build regarding the CPU usage, how is it going for you and with which hardware?
So you guys realize that you are getting this DSPlayer version but it sounds like none of you are even using the DSPlayer within it. Turning on DXVA2 within XBMC has nothing to do with DSPlayer. Thats using he DVDPlayer, the internal player in every build. Hell you aren't even using ffdshow. SO unless you changed your advancedsetting.xml file to play files with DSPlayer or are using the content menu then choosing "play with.." to start your movies yo uarent using the DSPlayer at all.

Or maybe I should just leave this as ignorance is bliss.
Well SlaveUnit if this is the way you talk and/or answer in life to a constructive public forum topic which is here to improve everybody's knowledge and experience you'd better keep it for yourself, yes...

Honestly I find that knowledge has to be shared and that this is the way to improve everything and am not afraid of giving up knowledge lack at any time,

I've asked many times in many posts to make a clear roundup of the different options to get a hardware processing of videos, a clear overview of DSPlayer, DVDPlayer and other options like MPC-HD, nobody ever answered and I never got my clarification,

I'm sorry already if I am in any way inferior to you and I have no issue with it or whatsoever Smile I'm also sorry if I misspell somethings "ffmpeg" using "ffdshow" which are 2 related but different things,

Plus, according to your logic can you explain why using the dx version in combination with DXVA2 gets me an average CPU usage of roughly 0.7% where using the trunk untouched exact same version with DXVA2 activated I get it up to 8/9%?

On the other hand, I never stand on my knowledge and take it for good, but so far according to many sources DVDPlayer is related to ffmpeg,

However, dvdplayer is based on ffmpeg, and ffdshow use ffmpeg too, but it's not directly related I guess...

Finally, for the love of God what makes you think we (meaning I) are (am) not making use of the dsfilterconfig.xml content? Those are harsh conclusions that leaves no place to discussion...
NeoMorph.. if you got the build that he suggested, that dxva option doesn't matter. It's only for the normal internal player, not dsplayer.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thank you elupus so now I've learned that the DSPlayer makes no usage at all of the DXVA internal player based option, I'll sleep less dumb tonight Smile
To get back to the original issue, it still does not work. Pretty much same issue with stuttering and totally garbled FF and REW. I installed latest ffdshow and then uninstalled it - no difference. DXVA2 turned on, Nvidia set to 1920x1080 60Hz.

I'd like to use XBMC Live, but I don't know how to make Logitech Ultrax remote to work all the way with it, plus dunno how to setup uTorrent to autodownload shows with RSS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smooth XBMC playback possible?0