• 7(current)
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread
ekim232 Wrote:It would be nice to see a Github for this much like CCMatrix did for the studio logos. He has a great system for requesting them also. Just a thought.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=68924

Maybe...Imaginos is going to add it to xbmcstuff.com. He said maybe about a month. Then hopefully a little further down the line Ember will take care of it also. This is just a placeholder till then.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thanks you guys for the logo's Smile

Made a nice way to show them in MM Waffa ! Cool
mcborzu Wrote:Maybe...Imaginos is going to add it to xbmcstuff.com. He said maybe about a month. Then hopefully a little further down the line Ember will take care of it also. This is just a placeholder till then.

as soons as ready, i'll include it too Wink
definitely a great addition to XBMCStuff !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Here's a new batch.

@Amra

Looks great! Are you using those on a darker version of Alaska, regular Alaska, or something else?

mcborzu Wrote:@Amra

Looks great! Are you using those on a darker version of Alaska, regular Alaska, or something else?
Thanks and I personally use one of the darker themes (Green Mosaic) in BIG Alaska but I'm trying to make the logos usable in a dark or light theme such as default Alaska. That's why a lot of the logos I do will have a slight shadow around them. They still look good on dark themes and also stand out in the default alaska white theme.

[EDIT] Here's a comparison shot of light & dark themes in BIG Alaska using one of the logos above.

Amra Wrote:That's why a lot of the logos I do will have a slight shadow around them. They still look good on dark themes and also stand out in the default alaska white theme.
What type of shadow is it that you use? What about for dark logos? Same shadow but lighter?
B-Fir3 Wrote:What type of shadow is it that you use? What about for dark logos? Same shadow but lighter?
Well, I use a 1 or 2 pixel black shadow at 90% opacity when the logo is white or really any light color. Then I use a 1 or 2 pixel white shadow (at 90% opacity again) when the logo is black or any really dark color. Hope that helps.

PS: For the record, I use Paint Shop Pro 9 and have never used Photoshop so I'm not sure if I could give any really good instructions for that program. Just in case anyone asks.
Here's the last batch of my shows that didn't have any logos yet. If I get some time the next few days I will try to help with the request list that mcborzu is compiling.

Those steps are the same for PS...All my 30 logos for the TV shows I have don't have a drop shadow, when I tried regular Alaska they just blended in too much.

I should retouch mine. Really that should be a new guideline - add a small 1-2 pixel drop shadow/border so on light skins it'll 'pop' a little more....

Well the shadow that you're adding (Amra) looks like it borders the entire image, which to me is more of a border than a shadow.

The only way I can get that result is if I use a 90% black/white stroke.

Might be an awesome show, but my first attempt at a logo is a little off Rolleyes. Anyways, if someone can do a better one then please have at it Nod
B-Fir3 Wrote:Well the shadow that you're adding (Amra) looks like it borders the entire image, which to me is more of a border than a shadow.

The only way I can get that result is if I use a 90% black/white stroke.
That's probably just my using the wrong term. In PSP9, it is called a "drop shadow" and I will usually add a +2 vertical/horizontal shadow and then do it again with a -1 vertical/horizontal shadow. That way it adds the shadow all the way around the logo thus in effect creating a border. I guess I also tend to call it a shadow because it isn't a hard solid color but instead blends in to the transparent background.

mcborzu Wrote:Those steps are the same for PS...All my 30 logos for the TV shows I have don't have a drop shadow, when I tried regular Alaska they just blended in too much.

I should retouch mine. Really that should be a new guideline - add a small 1-2 pixel drop shadow/border so on light skins it'll 'pop' a little more....
Yeah, as you can tell from the screenshot I posted earlier, it really does help and, well , it just looks cool in Alaska. Cool
Ah, thank you sir! I will try to replicate this effect in Photoshop. Smile

EDIT: It seems like adding a 1/2px drop shadow AND inner shadow does the trick.

Tried it on a new logo for Alfred Hitchock Presents. Here it is...

Alright I think I finally got it this time.

Yeah, looks pretty good I think. For anyone interested the style changes in PS were as follows:

Drop Shadow on
-no global light
-distance 0px
-size 6px
-contour half round (bottom left)

Inner Shadow on
-distance 0px
-size 2px
-contour half round

another edit: I just made a few tweaks to the settings and came up with this:

Not sure which is better...oh and I just realized those are saved with white backgrounds! Fixing now.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread3