• 8(current)
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread
I found a good source image for Til Death but I cant seem to get a clean cut of the logo.

http://tvripple.com/wp-content/uploads/2...h-logo.png

if anyone could take a whack at this I'd much appreciate it (last logo for library)
The Thread Killer!

Take your pick! I can add the border/shadow to the slanted logo too if you prefer. Wasn't really sure if I should add one at all. Let me know.
@mcborzu

now that we are on time, try to set a few standards on the clearTitle/clearLogo creation process.

Some of the problems with a few logos are:

*low resolution
*low resolution
*different size
*even inside the size of 400x155 people dont fill the space and leave the little logo inside.
*...cont..!

lol, sorry you already did that maybe some people dont read

mcborzu Wrote:General Specifications:
400x155
Centered
Bottom Align
Try to fill as much width/hieght as possible
Try to go with the lighter color version of a logo since 90% of skins are dark, except Alaska really...
Add a small 1-2px drop shadow/border so if on a lighter skin they'll 'pop' out a little more instead of blend in
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I think the main issue is trying to find a way to have the image show up well in any skin for any dark/light background image that it is showing on.

Some images aren't very high quality because of low resolution, but as we find higher quality source images these will get weeded out. Although it is definitely something that should be fixed for those images that need it.

Which logos are small/don't fill as much space as possible?
I like these. I'll implement them in the rewrite of the site so the scraper could handle them automatically. Please try hard to stick to your quality guidelines since I'll copy those directly to our site as well.

Also, you might want to consider allowing both a dark and a light version of each. I know some apps should be able to add an outer glow automatically, it wouldn't be as nice as having them integrated in the image itself. Just something to consider. Smile

To make it easier on people, you might also want to consider giving exact steps for creating one. So 1) mask the logo itself, 2) add 4px white outer glow with 4px spread, 3) save as png, 4) change outer glow to black, 5) save as png.
I like the idea a lot. I'll give it a go on some of the logos that have already been done.

EDIT: Here's some examples. By the way, the spread for outer glow is not in pixels on PS, it's in %. I just left it as 0% and changed the size to 4px.

B-Fir3 Wrote:Image

Take your pick! I can add the border/shadow to the slanted logo too if you prefer. Wasn't really sure if I should add one at all. Let me know.

This one looks amazing in Confluence, I haven't tested it on a light background but it shouldn't need any kind of shadow or glow.

Cheers!
The Thread Killer!
reaven Wrote:@mcborzu

now that we are on time, try to set a few standards on the clearTitle/clearLogo creation process.

Some of the problems with a few logos are:

*low resolution
*low resolution
*different size
*even inside the size of 400x155 people dont fill the space and leave the little logo inside.
*...cont..!

lol, sorry you already did that maybe some people dont read

About resolution where you meaning in general you thought 400x155 was too small, at first that was just random size I picked but I noticed a couple reasons why that seems like a good size:

1. It's actually pretty big. This image is 300x116 so even going to 400x155 or larger in any skin would take up alot of real estate.
2. No reason to go super big, that make finding obscure show logos harder to create.
3. The smaller you go you start to get jaggies, like these are 90x35. The only way to get rid of that effect was to drop the starting image size to something like 160x66 but then that makes the other views images looked stretched out in other views...

I was personally 2x the logos up until that last huge update I did, all those in that huge update looked good.

I should move those specifications to top of the first post. I just added the drop shadow rule but Arma and Hikiacore we're already doing it themselves.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
szsori Wrote:I like these. I'll implement them in the rewrite of the site so the scraper could handle them automatically. Please try hard to stick to your quality guidelines since I'll copy those directly to our site as well.

Also, you might want to consider allowing both a dark and a light version of each. I know some apps should be able to add an outer glow automatically, it wouldn't be as nice as having them integrated in the image itself. Just something to consider. Smile

To make it easier on people, you might also want to consider giving exact steps for creating one. So 1) mask the logo itself, 2) add 4px white outer glow with 4px spread, 3) save as png, 4) change outer glow to black, 5) save as png.

Pretty cool!! I was 2x checking everyone in PS till that huge update, all those seemed good on quick inspection.

I'd say 90% of them are solid. There are a few for some very obscure shows that weren't a 100% great but since they weren't that popular I let it slide. The popular shows seem very good so far...

mcborzu Wrote:Pretty cool!! I was 2x checking everyone in PS till that huge update, all those seemed good on quick inspection.

I'd say 90% of them are solid. There are a few for some very obscure shows that weren't a 100% great but since they weren't that popular I let it slide. The popular shows seem very good so far...

Great news. The new site will have flagging functionality so poor quality ones can get flagged for replacement anyway. It'll just be nice if people try keeping the quality higher than they've done with banners/fanart/etc since there will only be one per series. Smile
I re-did some of the logos I created after reading all the talk about adding a shadow/border to the light logos. So here they are:

Batman Beyond
Gary Unmarried
Hope & Faith
Jackass
Lie To Me
Nip/Tuck
Samantha Who?
The Girls Next Door
The L Word
Titus
In response to the jaggedness of smaller scaled logos..
Isn't there a way to make xbmc use anti-aliasing when it scales an image?
It seems almost ridiculous that this would be an issue. Wink
yea but look at Rapier or Xperience they both have a list view with very tiny movie posters and the image get jaggie...

szsori Wrote:Great news. The new site will have flagging functionality so poor quality ones can get flagged for replacement anyway. It'll just be nice if people try keeping the quality higher than they've done with banners/fanart/etc since there will only be one per series. Smile

cool !! good work mcborzu.

* any way to slide clearArt support Rolleyes ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
A few more:

Ally McBeal
Dirty Sexy Money
Eli Stone
Kaamelott
Le coeur a ses raisons
The Jeff Dunham Show
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help