• 98(current)
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread
Bad logos set 3:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bad logos set 4:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bad logos set 5:

ImageImageImageImageImage

If you have a question as to why a particular image in these sets was rejected feel free to relink the image and ask us.
Keep in mind I grabbed these at random without even looking to see who they were from, so don't get butthurt. :p
What's wrong with "Sex Traffic" and "Absolutely"?? They look really good Laugh

Quote:As for goofy I actually only meant to deny the one with the solid background.
Solid backgrounds are not permitted,

I didn't know about the solid backgrounds. I was just creating the logo as per the show - that is what it was like.

As for the others, I'll re-submit after some tweaks.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Hikaricore, when do you want the requests purged?

*edit*
If we do it at the end of this week it will hopefully give me time to get a new request process in place.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
A week was just a general idea I was throwing out to see what people thought.
Anything that works for you works for me, we've given everyone plenty of time to contribute at this point and only 1/8th of the current requests got made. So now we have to assume there is either no interest in logoing the queued requests or no decent art to work from. I still have no doubt in my mind that well see several hundred requests in a short time frame, but more than likely many of them will be different and only a few will be sustained.
Well I'm going to have the request form make them do some homework (provide quality artwork, name of font, whatever) before it submits and point them to this thread if they have any questions.

If people don't do the homework, or put in junk data just to get the request submitted, my suggestion would be to just delete the request.

I will also allow other people to submit artwork, suggest fonts, etc to current requests
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
Kode Wrote:Well I'm going to have the request form make them do some homework (provide quality artwork, name of font, whatever) before it submits and point them to this thread if they have any questions.

If people don't do the homework, or put in junk data just to get the request submitted, my suggestion would be to just delete the request.

I will also allow other people to submit artwork, suggest fonts, etc to current requests

What about for shows the logos are already made - but NOT yet available on the site? I'm sitting on at least 20, but have been unable to submit them because the request thingee is turned off.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
KidKiwi Wrote:What about for shows the logos are already made - but NOT yet available on the site? I'm sitting on at least 20, but have been unable to submit them because the request thingee is turned off.

Have you not got artwork for them for when you created the logos? The problem is if I allow someone to either fill in the form OR upload an image, if the image isn't good enough, someone else will have to fulfill the request with no help. And you will probably get people uploading shit just to avoid filling in the details.

What I will look at doing is allowing people to upload images directly for a show without creating a request, that way if its good enough it shows up, if its not someone else doesn't have to help someone who wont help us. (Not talking about you there KidKiwi, you have submitted a fair few logos, thanks for your help)
Maybe we need a group of approved uploaders kinda like how mods are currently?
People whos images have been up to standard and such so that we don't make them jump through hoops.
Kode Wrote:Have you not got artwork for them for when you created the logos?

Most of the logos were created from scratch using a vector program. I prefer quality over accuracy - meaning, not all the fonts are prefect, but are close enough. You make the call and I'll work within the framework.

Quote:Maybe we need a group of approved uploaders kinda like how mods are currently?
People whos images have been up to standard and such so that we don't make them jump through hoops.

This sounds good too - not saying I'm going to get that status though Wink
hikaricore Wrote:Maybe we need a group of approved uploaders kinda like how mods are currently?

I think this is a counter-productive idea, especially given that no core group will ever be familiar enough with the incredibly varied source material.

Simplifying the uploading process is the easiest way to get more artwork submitted. I see the problem with it being tied into the request system, and that you don't want a ton more on-the-fly requests, but there has to be a simpler solution that walling the process off further....

How about you purge current requests, turn requesting back on with the new form bits about links to artwork/information/fonts, but don't make them required. Then there can be a two-stage hierarchy to the requests: requests with verified assets, and requests without any additional information. Generous people can create from the informational requests, and less-artistic people can do the sleuthing for the empty requests and still contribute. Requests with no additional links or information can be purged regularly to encourage quality requests and help keep things from getting bogged down, while still allowing the most people to be a part of this (requesting, searching, vetting, creating, etc).

People like Kiwi can come along with their batch of new logos, upload them easily (since there are no additional hoops to the request system) and we all benefit. If they're rejected, then they'll either fix them directly (we can hope), or other people that care about the show can come along and add valuable info to the request and better its chances of getting fulfilled. If no one steps up to fix or fill the request, then it's safe to assume not many people are worried about the logo not existing (and if they are worried, they can put in more legwork next time to keep it around).

Thoughts?

This is a bit more work for Kode (would need a "requests" page to distinguish and view the two categories of requests instead of just running them all down the same column on the home page; and also the requests themselves would need to be editable rather than just created on submission), but it might run more efficiently in the long-run, and I'd be willing to help with the php hackery involved in retooling things if he's interested in outsourcing some of the work.
Not a bad idea Rad_

What's your experience in PHP?

I need to redo some of the code, because at the moment part of it is built as a wordpress addon and part is standalone. I need to port it all as an addon.

At that point I will create a repository so other people can work on it as well.

However, my plan was to wait until Sranshaft had finished the new design, then I was going to buy a domain for it to sit on its own, that way it will be easier to add help pages etc rather than it sharing with lockstockmods.

If anyone has any ideas for a domain name, let me know.
tvshowlogos.com and xbmctvlogos.com are available. Damn - tvlogos.com is taken by a squatter...

Out of left field suggestion-

Would be to combine with xbmcstuff.com

PROS
1. Would be nice for end users to have a one-stop shop for XBMC extras - clearART, cdART, Landscape thumbs, Logos

CONS
1. Don't know how you feel working with others. Like I'd love to work on a skin with like an amazing graphic designer but on the other I like being on my own and calling all the shots...
2. Code-wise how easy would be to merge/incorporate code

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Out of left field suggestion-

Would be to combine with xbmcstuff.com

PROS
1. Would be nice for end users to have a one-stop shop for XBMC extras - clearART, cdART, Landscape thumbs, Logos

CONS
1. Don't know how you feel working with others. Like I'd love to work on a skin with like an amazing graphic designer but on the other I like being on my own and calling all the shots...
2. Code-wise how easy would be to merge/incorporate code

I've always felt this would be a great option but it's never gone much further than random discussion.
I guess we'd have to get ahold of them and see what they thing about it.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread3