Features/Ideas
I attempted to use the link in the "current features" sticky to submit features/ideas but it kept sending me back to the main thread. So, I'm creating this thread.

First, I would like to say what a great job that has been done on this app. I have been looking for a all in one solution like this for a mobile phone for a while.

Here are a couple features/ideas that I had:

-Full hardware keyboard support in the "Remote Control" mode. (Excellent for scripts/plugins that has a search function i.e. Youtube.)

-Customizeable remote control (Be able to use your own graphics and commands.)

An idea I had in the library mode is instead of having to tap and hold the file to bring up a sub menu, could the play command be executed while tapping the file name and the queue command be executed by tapping the album art/placeholder. (This would help shorten up time creating a playlist on the fly.)

Thats all I have for now.....

Excellent App
Marbieskarb Wrote:An idea I had in the library mode is instead of having to tap and hold the file to bring up a sub menu, could the play command be executed while tapping the file name and the queue command be executed by tapping the album art/placeholder. (This would help shorten up time creating a playlist on the fly.)

How about a little "+" at the side of a music item, much like the starring in gmail app.? If people only tend to push that one though we might need a little "play" button aswell.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
So a "+" button, a "play" button, the cover... some more items? I guess i can still read a few letters of the title Wink

Anyone used Touiteur? It has something like a context menu that extends below the listentry. Maybe we could do something like this when clicking on the cover... Adding button after button will cause that users with small resolutions can't read the title of the track/album/whatever anymore.

Edit: Or a balloon thingy like clicking on the contact icon in 2.x
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
the_alien Wrote:So a "+" button, a "play" button, the cover... some more items? I guess i can still read a few letters of the title Wink

Yeah, that sounds good. The icons don't have to be large, kind of like the "balloon indicator" thing you mentioned. A "+" sign for queue and a play transport icon for play.
Marbieskarb Wrote:I attempted to use the link in the "current features" sticky to submit features/ideas but it kept sending me back to the main thread. So, I'm creating this thread.
I've locked it because I want people to create new threads and not post everything to one single thread.

Marbieskarb Wrote:Full hardware keyboard support in the "Remote Control" mode. (Excellent for scripts/plugins that has a search function i.e. Youtube.)
AFAIK it's an XBMC problem. It doesn't accept remote events in text fields. This will be probably fixed with JSON-RPC coming up.

Marbieskarb Wrote:Customizeable remote control (Be able to use your own graphics and commands.)
Probably not going to happen (certainly not from me, and even a patch must be very well and non-intrusively written so we'll accept it).

Marbieskarb Wrote:An idea I had in the library mode is instead of having to tap and hold the file to bring up a sub menu, could the play command be executed while tapping the file name and the queue command be executed by tapping the album art/placeholder. (This would help shorten up time creating a playlist on the fly.)
How do you suggest going one level deeper then? By long-pressing? That seems weird and I doubt a lot of people would find that intuitive. Maybe we could introduce a swift gesture or something. Swift left queue, swift right play, or something like that.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
freezy Wrote:AFAIK it's an XBMC problem. It doesn't accept remote events in text fields. This will be probably fixed with JSON-RPC coming up.

Unfortuanatly no, its due to the insane keymapping done with the DX merge. Its complete gibberish if you ask me and a 100x more advanced than need be, boxee have not responded to the ticket though :S

I hope though to revamp abit of the input layer which would remove it, but that will be camelot+2 at the eariliest.

/ offtopic Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Sounds good! Not an urgent issue to me Smile
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
freezy Wrote:How do you suggest going one level deeper then? By long-pressing? That seems weird and I doubt a lot of people would find that intuitive. Maybe we could introduce a swift gesture or something. Swift left queue, swift right play, or something like that.

I see what you mean as far as the initial screen but, you could still have a queue album or play album indicator on the album art/placeholder without having to use the long press (So, its not replacing the long press just providing a shortcut.) Also, to be more specific, those "queue" and "play" buttons could be very useful specifically when you only just have a list of tracks or files with no more depth. Maybe it could be implemented when your already in an album/compilation/etc. and only tracks are present. So, it could be specific to each depth in a tree.

Gesture support would be cool.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Features/Ideas0