• 29(current)
[Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup
Probably one of the best skins to come in the future....
dormamu Wrote:Probably one of the best skins to come in the future....

lol i keep looking at the videos thinking damn i cant wait to see this on my tv!
krish_2k4 Wrote:lol i keep looking at the videos thinking damn i cant wait to see this on my tv!

lol. I keep thinking the same thing. I know Welo's got a lot going on, but Hitcher have you made any more progress or created any new preview videos? I'm anxious to try this one out, but like most everyone else on here, I don't want it rushed. Take your time and do it right....... but teasers are always welcome!

Thanks to all both of you do for us. Know that we appreciate it greatly!
forget the videos... let them use that time to get the skin done. this looks like it might be the best skin yet with not only spectacular visuals but a very nice use of screen real estate without being too "busy"

This would be a nice holiday gift! Smile
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Hitcher Wrote:Welo is taking an understandable break.
So what does that mean? Do you wait until he is coming back, or do you develop the skin by your own?

Welo wasn't seen here since nearly 2 month. I can unterstand his privat situation, but a no information policy isn't really good.
is there any testing we can do on this skin?
I wouldn't mind checking it out
Press THANK USER if I Help
sonic00 Wrote:So what does that mean? Do you wait until he is coming back, or do you develop the skin by your own?

Welo wasn't seen here since nearly 2 month. I can unterstand his privat situation, but a no information policy isn't really good.

I'm no designer (I do the coding) so I'm not even going to attempt to develop this on my own. I've got as far as I can with the mock-ups he's made but I haven't heard from him either so it's at a standstill until he's up to carrying on.

If he returns to say he doesn't want to continue then I'll totally understand and will release the skin 'as it is' for someone else to take on.

So currently I'm not working on any new skin, I'm just maintaining Alaska.
Seems like you got all the fun(library/Home) stuff. Did you even get a dent into the boring dialogs:

Scanning
Volume/Mute
Media Sources
Info Screens
Setting and Settings Category
Press 'S'
etc...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Nope.
Man, I almost wish I hadn't noticed this skin. The wait is exhausting.
Just caught up on the discussion, condolences to Welo and thanks to Welo and Hitcher for the great work so far. Just got a WDTV live for my bedroom so I'm going to be busy skinning that for a while and I'm more than happy with Alaska Revisited in the meantime Smile

Also not a huge fan of the xbmc logo in the startup animation but I look forward to using the skin when ready and I'm sure that could be modded at a later date.
Panasonic 50V10 , 360 Elite, Astro A40s, Senn HD595s, Acer Revo R3610 (XBMC Alaska), Denon 1800BD, Denon 2309, Monitor Audio Bronze, SKY+HD (1TB), Harmony One, QED HDMI, Silver Anniversary XT, Soundstyle ST310, Sony AR51SU, Panasonic LX3, HTC Desire.
Smile
First of all. GREAT skin! Kinda pains me that i discovered it because now the wait for it is going to be SO long...

I've watched a couple of the videos and it's been asked before about the sounds used in the skin. Is there anyone, or any team working with you (Hitcher & Welo) on creating a custom soundset for the theme. For me the sound of a theme can really go a long way to making it FEEL complete. So many great themes out there simply leave that part of the package out and don't create a sound set.

I'd love to see one (or maybe even 2 or 3) soundsets to go along with what seems to be the next BIG xbmc skin!
mudstuff Wrote:Just caught up on the discussion, condolences to Welo and thanks to Welo and Hitcher for the great work so far. Just got a WDTV live for my bedroom so I'm going to be busy skinning that for a while and I'm more than happy with Alaska Revisited in the meantime Smile

Also not a huge fan of the xbmc logo in the startup animation but I look forward to using the skin when ready and I'm sure that could be modded at a later date.

can you skin the wdtv's? sweet
hope you feel better soon welo. would be a shame to not see this skin released at 100%
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup7