Seagate 60TB
Did you guys read that article that Seagate has a potential of up to 60TB drives with a new technology? Imagine your whole library on 1 drive maybe running in RAID10? I'd never use unRAID on that sucker though, it would probably take a month to prep the drive lol.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I don't think you have any worries......most people would actually want to test out a new drive first before loading it up with data....especially multiple TB's of data

and a link to the story.....http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?lo...48090aRCRD

**EDIT** Decided to edit because I was trying to be nice but I want to make sure you at least understand what I was getting at

all the uneducated jokes about "prepping" drives is getting old....when you order a new drive it is not guaranteed that the new drive will work...it may be totally DOA or it may be flaky and after a few weeks of use it may die
when you say "prep" a drive when you are referring to unraid you are talking about a VERY useful tool that someone intelligent created that tests a hard drive
it reads the entire surface of the hard drive and then write's zeros to the entire hard drive and then reads them to make sure everything is intact
this is very useful for any new hard drive...no matter what you are going to use the hard drive for this can be a lifesaver....especially if your new hard drive appears to be fine so you dump your data on it....everything seems ok so you format your existing to reuse and then a couple weeks later your new hard drive craps out
is it guaranteed that testing every hard drive will show that it is bad....NO
is it better to test a new hard drive then not...HELL YES
So please understand that you are trying to crack jokes about something that is actually great to do but you chose not to invest the little time it takes to figure that out

-Rant Over lol

btw...can't wait for Eden Final!!!
WE ALL WE GOT
Yeah, but those harddrives will be available for purchase this decennium. So it could even be 2019
alright chill out with the 60tb! still waiting for a 4TB external to drop below £100 so i can buy one!
Do you think 2tb drives will come down back to $75 before 2019? They were selling 3TB drives for $125 then the great flood of 2011 killed my dreams of owning one. LOL
I got my 2TB for £80! this was 1 year ago. Don't know why there is a sudden slow down in prices.
(2012-03-21, 23:50)krish_2k4 Wrote: I got my 2TB for £80! this was 1 year ago. Don't know why there is a sudden slow down in prices.
Flooding in Thialand.

Kinda sad that I only care about them cause HDD prices are too high...
not sure if serious!

edit: just read up on it, and your right. looks like the floods have affected the prices.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seagate 60TB0