Release Schedule
I love this app very much,is this still being developed with the new tablet layouts?

Also is it possible to add custom short cut entries alongside Movies, TV Shows and Music such as Anime which some have as a custom smart playlist entry on the main menu.

Thanks for your time and effort on this app.
Any ETA on a version that is compatible with XBMC 12.0? Remote works, but everything else throws exeptions...
(2013-01-30, 01:53)rhoadkill Wrote: Any ETA on a version that is compatible with XBMC 12.0? Remote works, but everything else throws exeptions...

The updated version is on Google play
Thank you very much for your great work so far!

The official app in the Google Play-Store has still a lot of bugs (v1.0.9), it is terminating unexpectedly,
it is throwing exceptions, it is not displaying covers in now playing etc. Also it is not dealing
right with the different versions of xbmc (Eden, Frodo) - even it recognizes the correct version and
displays it on the main screen.

Is there a any more recent compillation / beta /... developer version .apk for download somewhere else?

Is this project still alive?

Thank you very much!
I've started a new project a few months ago, the repo can be found here. It's going to be a new version from scratch, current state is far from beta though.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
The mockups look very promising!

So the current official xbmcremote will not get any further maintenance.

I was hoping to have one app, that can manage both worlds (HTTP Eden and JSON-RPC Frodo / Gotham etc...)

(Eden was much better in regard of fault tolerance on HD video playback if you record
streams on the sat receiver and remove the advertising. The newer xbmc frodo cannot manage
the cuts very well - you get a stil picture fo 5 seconds and some stuttering until the next
iframe is processed while in eden you even do not recognize the cut at all.)

But any way, thank you very much for the great work!
Hi freezy, do you have a apk of this? I am interested in it - cloned just then. I cloned the xbmc old master and was just about to start looking over it. Then noticed you... Smile

(2013-12-09, 09:57)freezy Wrote: I've started a new project a few months ago, the repo can be found here. It's going to be a new version from scratch, current state is far from beta though.

Toilet lol!
Uh, unless I get account manager working, that doesn't make much sense since the IP is still hard-coded. Post an issue on github if you can't get it to compile with Android studio or IDEA 13.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Hm, i've got some problems while i try to build a apk from this,

15:55:10.922 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter]
15:55:10.932 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
15:55:10.935 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter]
15:55:10.937 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] * Where:
15:55:10.939 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] Build file '/home/lojden/android-xbmcremote-sandbox/app/build.gradle' line: 9
15:55:10.942 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter]
15:55:10.944 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] * What went wrong:
15:55:10.946 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] A problem occurred evaluating project ':app'.
15:55:10.949 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] > Could not create plugin of type 'AppPlugin'.
15:55:10.961 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter]
15:55:10.962 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] * Exception is:
15:55:10.970 [ERROR] [org.gradle.BuildExceptionReporter] org.gradle.api.GradleScriptException: A problem occurred evaluating project ':app'.
Well, line 9 in build.gradle adds the Android plugin. Did you install the Android SDK? Does a fresh project in Android Studio compile fine?

And please create another thread for this, this is completely off topic.
Hey, I'm not sure where you want bug reports. I'm building using android studio 0.4.5 on arch linux. I have my xbmc install listening on port 3737, and the remote did not find the xbmc instance. manual configuration seemed to work, but when I swipe down to sync:

02-18 09:24:21.464 8693-8742/org.xbmc.android.remotesandbox E/AndroidRuntime﹕ FATAL EXCEPTION: IntentService[ConnectionService]
Process: org.xbmc.android.remotesandbox, PID: 8693
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.xbmc.android.app.io.audio.ArtistHandler.parse(ArtistHandler.java:65)
at org.xbmc.android.jsonrpc.io.JsonHandler.applyResult(JsonHandler.java:76)
at org.xbmc.android.jsonrpc.service.ConnectionService.notifyClients(ConnectionService.java:330)
at org.xbmc.android.jsonrpc.service.ConnectionService.onHandleIntent(ConnectionService.java:224)
at android.app.IntentService$ServiceHandler.handleMessage(IntentService.java:65)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:136)
at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
Hi freezy,
have you planned to fix the send to youtube issue with latest version of youtube app (5.5.x)?
Peppe
I like the direction this is heading. The mockups look great as well. In the mockups I noticed you've got the remote as more of an overlay. Will it still be possible to have the remote fullscreen rather than just on top of the library windows? Would also love it if you would included an audio streams selection on the remote, like the iPad version has.

Couple other requests: Can this be made to control other applications (such as TotalMedia Theatre 6) even with just simple navigation commands from the remote (up, down, left, right select etc.)
The TM Remote (TotalMedia Theatre) has a power button which will actually open the TMT program. Is this possible to do for XBMC as well for those (like me) without a uni-purpose HTPC?

Can't wait for a packaged beta to be released! Really anxious to try this out and very happy that the remote hasn't been abandoned. Big Grin
Hi,

i have downloaded the app from the android marketplace. It states to be version 1.0.9 or buil 1009. I wonder how this compares with the release history ? There the latest version is 0.88 ?

I see good functionality. Only one thing: whenever I select an album to be played and I want to listen a song which is not the first. I get an error and the first song of the album played. However skipping works.

Best Regards
Stephan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Release Schedule0