ubuntu 10.04 lucid issues
I just did a fresh install of ubuntu 10.04 RC and I am unable to get xbmc installed.

here is what I am getting:

Code:
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  xbmc: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11-jaunty1) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-skin-confluence (= 1:9.11-jaunty1) but it is not going to be installed or
                 xbmc-skin-pm3-hd (= 1:9.11-jaunty1) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-web-pm3 (= 1:9.11-jaunty1) but it is not going to be installed
  xbmc-standalone: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11-jaunty1) but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: xbmc-skin-confluence (= 1:9.11-jaunty1) but it is not going to be installed or
                            xbmc-skin-pm3-hd (= 1:9.11-jaunty1) but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: xbmc-web-pm3 (= 1:9.11-jaunty1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

the part that has me stumped is when I open up synaptic it shows most of those packages as available.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
well, it cant be good that it says jaunty or what do you think? Are you sure you are using lucid PPA?
Oh yeah sorry thats after I messed with things. When I change it to lucid I get nothing:

Code:
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package xbmc

these are the repos I have right now:

Code:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu lucid main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu lucid main
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
sudo apt-get update
lucid is only in svn (unstable)
Suggest you leave it for now.
Quote:sudo apt-get update
Dont think so...
Generally speaking, you should wait a couple of weeks before upgrading to the newest ubuntu release. The devs generally run the latest releases too, so they're fixed pretty quickly, but not at the RC stage-- lucid isn't even out yet.
I tried sudo apt-get update

hmm I never had any issues running 9.10 rc so thats why I made the switch.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
I upgraded all my non-XBMC machines to the lucid RC too. Just not my HTPC, because it's less of a toy than something I use every day.
rodalpho Wrote:Generally speaking, you should wait a couple of weeks before upgrading to the newest ubuntu release. The devs generally run the latest releases too, so they're fixed pretty quickly, but not at the RC stage-- lucid isn't even out yet.

I've been running on Lucid for a a couple of weeks and it was greet...until I hosed my MySQL and reinstalled Lucid. What worked a couple of weeks ago doesn't work now. I'm getting the same results on apt-get install. The SVN looked funny for lucid too...says something about crystalhd driver.
hmmm that's frustrating. I wonder what has changed.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Quote:hmmm that's frustrating. I wonder what has changed.
What has changed? You are using a ppa with no package for Lucid.

There is no package in stable because the programers have not finished with the new version. There is a pack in svn = unstable, and yes it is a bit unstable. If you read the post in xbmc.org you would know that it is less stable now than normal due to a merge.
You can try and change to the karmic repos for XBMC, most likely they will work for lucid also...

...or maybe you tried this already?
Do you mean just using this:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu lucid main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu lucid main
?
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Lucid and compiling from source is working fine for me. Not saying for everyone to try it but for those who are running from svn already, lucid has a nice feel to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ubuntu 10.04 lucid issues0