clearart on confluence, episode thumb if not available?
Long title, but I wanted to make sure people knew what I was asking Wink

I've modded confluence to show clearart in place of the episode thumb in dialogfullscreeninfo.xml (using mcborzu's excellent code. Thanks!), but (of course) I don't have clear art available for all my TV shows. Is there some sort of conditional I can use to tell it to display clearart, but show the episode thumb if no clearart is available?
yes, you can use Control.GetLabel() for that.

here's the code i use in Transparency! for clearart & fallback:
Code:
<control type="largeimage" id="7000">
    <posx>10</posx>
    <posy>10</posy>
    <width>300</width>
    <height>150</height>
    <texture>$INFO[Player.FolderPath,,../clearart.png]</texture>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <posx>10</posx>
    <posy>10</posy>
    <width>300</width>
    <height>150</height>
    <texture>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Cover]</texture>
    <visible>IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(7000))</visible>
</control>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
What do the ,, or .. or ,,.. actually mean. I know what works but not what those actually mean?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
<texture>$INFO[Player.FolderPath,,../logo.png]</texture>

I'm trying this with tv logo's.. but have no succes...Confused
Must do something wrong again Laugh
".." means "go in parent's folder"
"." means "current's folder"
mcborzu Wrote:What do the ,, or .. or ,,.. actually mean. I know what works but not what those actually mean?

- the ,, part:
info labels can be written as $INFO[Some.Label,prefix,postfix]

- the .. bit:
.. means parent directory.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thx for the explanations....

Does <texture>$INFO[Player.FolderPath,,../clearart.png]</texture> also work if people have their TV shows like so:

TV Shows/
----------Lost/
--------------all .avi's here

instead of:

TV Shows/
----------Lost/
--------------Season One/
--------------------------all .avi's here

My tests it didn't work. I use two controls for those two different ways of storing TV shows:

Quote:<control type ="image">
<texture>$INFO[Player.FolderPath]../clearart.png</texture>
</control>
<control type ="image">
<texture>$INFO[Player.FolderPath]clearart.png</texture>
</control>

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
you are correct, it won't work for both.
if you want to support two different folder structures, you'll need two controls indeed.
Player.Folderpath...... Shows the full path of the currently playing song or movie

says the manual but I can't get this label to work either.

Tried it for CdArt and tv logo's

Other labels work fine and when fill in path no problem Huh
Waffa Wrote:Player.Folderpath...... Shows the full path of the currently playing song or movie

says the manual but I can't get this label to work either.

Tried it for CdArt and tv logo's

Other labels work fine and when fill in path no problem Huh

If I'm not mistaken, this is a fairly recent addition to xmbc, if you're using a really old version it might not be available.
Thanks for the quick (and multiple!) responses guys. Tinkering in the xml's like this gives me a new appreciation for what you guys do in making these skins. It makes my head spin Laugh

I'm at work right now, so I'll have to give this a try when I get home tonight, but I'm curious as to what the (7000) refers to in
Code:
<visible>IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(7000))</visible>
Is this transparency specific or generic. In other words, will I have to play around with this in confluence or just plug it in?

One other question, if you don't mind. I'm also looking to show studio logs and network logos in dialoginfofullscreen. Currently, confluence just shows a label for the studio. I have all the flags in /media/flags (I believe-like I said, at work currently), and if I understand it correctly, I have to modify Includes.xml to point the skin to these, then modify dialogfullscreeninfo.xml to grab the image instead of the label, correct? Any tips would be appreciated.

Ronie, mcborzu, and waffa, thanks for all the help and the great skins (Night is my most anticipated skin atm!)
hmm using r27338... not that old.
TerranQ Wrote:I'm curious as to what the (7000) refers to

it refers to the id of the image control i'm using for the clearart image:

you can just use the same code in Confluence as well.

TerranQ Wrote:One other question, if you don't mind. I'm also looking to show studio logs and network logos in dialoginfofullscreen. Currently, confluence just shows a label for the studio. I have all the flags in /media/flags (I believe-like I said, at work currently), and if I understand it correctly, I have to modify Includes.xml to point the skin to these, then modify dialogfullscreeninfo.xml to grab the image instead of the label, correct? Any tips would be appreciated.

depending on the actual path of your studio flags, you can just add another image control to DialogFullscreenInfo.xml with: <texture>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Studio,flags,.png]</texture>.
don't think you'll have the change anything in Includes.xml for this.
Waffa Wrote:<texture>$INFO[Player.FolderPath,,../logo.png]</texture>

I'm trying this with tv logo's.. but have no succes...Confused
Must do something wrong again Laugh

check your debug log.
it will tell you why it can't find the image.
ronie Wrote:it refers to the id of the image control i'm using for the clearart image:

you can just use the same code in Confluence as well.
Of course! Thanks Ronie, that's what I get for skimming over your post. I think I've got it now.

Quote:depending on the actual path of your studio flags, you can just add another image control to DialogFullscreenInfo.xml with: <texture>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Studio,flags,.png]</texture>.
don't think you'll have the change anything in Includes.xml for this.
Interesting. I assumed I had to define where it needed to look for the flags, but from what you're saying it defaults to the media folder, so I would just need to state the subdirectory they're found in. Looks like I was overthinking it. Would I use the same thing for network logo as well? Just looking at InfoLabels on the wiki, and I don't see anything like VideoPlayer.Network, so I'm assuming it doesn't differentiate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
clearart on confluence, episode thumb if not available?0