Aeon Showmix 2.5 DVD Sub catagories?
I'm using Aeon Showmix 2.5 and was wondering if I could get some help with an idea that I have for my DVD collection. I have over 100 Disney DVD titles and would like to make one Thumbnail in the main browser of the movies catagorie titled Disney and then when I choose it ... a sub catagory would come up with all my disney dvd's in it... like the T.V. does with episodes of a season. Hopefully, you know what I mean. P.S. I don't write code and I am a newbie to xbmc and If anybody comes up with an idea please forward to me with simple directions. Thanks
It seems that Showmix isn't supported anymore in this forum.
Anyway, you can scarp all your disney collection with ember media manager, there you can define genre "children". Update your library, then you should have all your collection by chhosing it from genre.
I know what you're talking about with ember media manager but I don't want a 100+ movies in my main view of my movies window. Seems better if you can have one and then view in another window all the subcatagories. I also know about using genre but again just trying to avoid having so many movies to go through in my main movie menu.
Might work if you add to favorites a specific folder or genre or playlist then add that to the main menu (from favorites)... if you pay attention to this clip you will see that animated movies are added as a submenu to movies, but they can also be added to the main menu. Check the wiki for favourites.xml Wink
You could set your folder as favorite and customise the home menu or set the content on "videos", i have set all none movies stuff like, comedy shows, sport recordings, documentary, etc. On videos.
Use ember media manager and add all your Disney movies to a collection. You can set one thumbnail and name it whatever you want. Then, when you click on it, it will open up and show you all your disney movies. I do the same thing with the James Bond movies, Star Wars, etc
terran Q,

great idea .... but how do I do that? I don't see anywhere in ember media where it says collection. Do I do that outside of ember in my file and then try to pull that up in ember? IF you got a moment I would love to see how you do that?
weeble Wrote:terran Q,

great idea .... but how do I do that? I don't see anywhere in ember media where it says collection. Do I do that outside of ember in my file and then try to pull that up in ember? IF you got a moment I would love to see how you do that?

Not at home atm, so I'm going by memory, but I believe it's under "tools" in the top bar, then "sets". Open the set manager up, create a new set (name it Disney or whatever), then just drag the titles over that you want to be in there.

If that's not correct, lemme know and I'll hop on ember and see
TerranQ

This worked perfect. Thanks for taking the time to help a newbie.
weeble Wrote:TerranQ

This worked perfect. Thanks for taking the time to help a newbie.

we were all newbies at one time Laugh. Glad I could help
Could also create a new Profile for kids movies (settings, profile, create new).

Smart Playlists are supposed to be great for solving the problem you describe, but it's something that I have not yet experimented with.

NS
All is right with the world with setting up my movies with sub-catagories. In other words when I open my movies directory I now have a thumb that is disney (let's call that disney 1) and when I click on it I have all my other disney movies inside (we'll call that disney 100) ....yes all 100+. So problem solved almost.. I have one more question. How do I add extra thumbs and movie description to the (disney 1) thumb. The reason I ask this is because I don't want a clear frame showing through while the rest of my movies have all info upfront. I know - before you suggest it - turn off the info screen (that's not what I want to do.) I plan on making alot of trilogies + (example.. spiderman, star wars, star trek, x-men etc...) Just trying to keep my screen clean and beautiful. Any suggestions?
No way to do that, as far as I know.
Is there a reason Showmix isnt supported by this forum HuhHuh

seems silly
burgemaster Wrote:Is there a reason Showmix isnt supported by this forum HuhHuh

seems silly

Because they set up their own website and asked that everyone follow them over there for d/l, support, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Showmix 2.5 DVD Sub catagories?0