Good languages to test compatibility
What are a couple language to test my strings/labels against. Is there a language that is notorious width buster? thx....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I know that german can get kind of annoying sometimes but if I remember it right team blackbolt had to adjust some things because of finish or norwegian or something like that.
I think you should test German and French first, as they are very used.
As said above, finish, norwegian and that kind of languages are useful to test too, because of the accentuated characters.
you can cont on me for french translation help !
I would like to do the Portuguese European translation Smile

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Lets see, Greek/Russian maybe a Chinese or Arabic translation file for the interesting long strings that also start on the right and move to the left rather then visa versa. The Nordic languages have some quite long strings for relatively short labels in English.

Besides that if you are looking for difficult character sets that are Latin based use a Slavic language like Czech, Polish or something along those lines or maybe Turkish which also contains interesting characters but
D0nR0sa Wrote:if I remember it right team blackbolt had to adjust some things because of finish or norwegian or something like that.
Sure it wasn't something like Tai or Flemish?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Not directly related to skin development, but I've run a number of very large i18n web projects in the past (a major software vendor who likes the color yellow for instance Wink ). The general rule of thumb that I give the design teams is to plan for 165% possible text width variance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Good languages to test compatibility0