• 7(current)
VoxCommando - Speech recognition and command utility (control XBMC by voice commands)
DeniedByFleury Wrote:How do i assign it a name??
That's a pretty vague question so I can't answer it in a way that makes sense without rewriting a lot of information that is available if you look.

You can start by taking a look here: http://voxcommando.com/mediawiki/index.p...oxCommando

and on the forum: http://voxcommando.com/forum/
VoxCommando.com
rflores2323 Wrote:Are u ever going to work on a cross platform program or is windows it? No lov for mac and linux? Wink

I have great news on this front, in case anyone is still interested in running VoxCommando and XBMC on the same Linux machine. A user on the VoxCommando forum has set this up with VirtualBox and reports that it works great, and does not seem to impact system performance significantly.Nod

see his post for more info, or to ask him for advice on setup:

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=702
VoxCommando.com
HenryFord Wrote:So...is there any way to use this with an android mobile? I know, of course, about the android remote app, but it would be simply amazin to just speak into your cellphone and the XBMC reacts upon it...

First of all I know this thread/post is really old so if you already figured this out awesome! I did find the app PocketAudio for Andriod which connects your android phone as a streaming mic for the PC. There is a short delay on wifi but nothing you can't deal with and it certainly works well with VoxCommando and Event Ghost to control XMBC. Best part... on my droidx I lock the screen and the mic stops listening so I can say "Play hits by Rihanna" and get an instant playlist of Rihanna's top songs and quickly lock my phone so the music doesn't drive the VoxCommando app crazy; although I found unless BLARING your music/movie it did a great job of picking up my voice as the over ride for simple commands like stop and play.

I will try to get a doc together and post instructions on setup here in a moment.
Mobiola Headset is also a good choice. There is much less of a delay and the audio quality seems good. Also, pocket audio causes many machines to crash instantly as soon as you start talking (actually not the whole machine but the speech engine crashes). This is an issue between pocket audio and the windows speech engine and is not specific to VoxCommando. On some machines it never happens and on some it happens almost instantly, every time. I don't know why.

Senstic (makers of pocket audio) offers absolutely no support and no refunds and will almost certainly never fix this issue. No

Mobiola can have its own issues too but I would recommend it over pocket audio for anyone who is starting from scratch. It works on both iOS and android.
VoxCommando.com
jitterjames Wrote:Mobiola Headset is also a good choice. There is much less of a delay and the audio quality seems good. Also, pocket audio causes many machines to crash instantly as soon as you start talking (actually not the whole machine but the speech engine crashes). This is an issue between pocket audio and the windows speech engine and is not specific to VoxCommando. On some machines it never happens and on some it happens almost instantly, every time. I don't know why.

Senstic (makers of pocket audio) offers absolutely no support and no refunds and will almost certainly never fix this issue. No

Mobiola can have its own issues too but I would recommend it over pocket audio for anyone who is starting from scratch. It works on both iOS and android.

James,
Thanks for the heads up, I did experience the Crash on my Dell Studio XPS Win7 laptop but not on the true media server A Dell Optiplex GX390 thankfully!

I will certainly check on the Mobiola app as well though for a backup plan. I found their webpage and see they include the much needed MUTE button, but unfortunately looks like they have gone apple only, no Android.

I am still learning or trying to figure out the nuances of VoxxCommando, honestly just figuring out the basic xmbc interface for now before I try to customize it, but I have to say this tag team is the best advancement in home entertainment since the beta max!

Oh afterthought, can anyone recommend a site for assistance in creating VoxxCommand scripts? I am willing to learn but kinda blundering blindly currently and not getting a whole lot from the Wiki/forum. Just trying to "clean up" the commands to flow more naturally to how I say things such as "play another song" rather than "Next".

Sean
James,
Sorry just realized you are the VoxxCommando founder, and wanted to say no insult meant about the forum or wiki page... I have only been looking for 1 night thus far =)

Sean N
Sorry, I thought there was an android version. It's hard to keep track.

There is a ton of information on the forum, but first you need to find it. The wiki is in need of some work but is still very useful.

Watching this is probably a good place to start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPyfxpXRr9Q
VoxCommando.com
Hi all, just a heads up for all you folks out there looking for a good microphone that already have an Android device.

I am working on an app for Android called "VoxWav" that serves as a custom microphone for VoxCommando. It is still in the early stages but it already works extremely well, and as new releases come out you will find that it not only functions as an excellent wifi microphone, but has some other VC specific features that will make it even better.

You can also use it in combination with another microphone (e.g. Amulet or Kinect etc.) and have multiple Android devices that all can send commands to VC (though probably not simultaneously Smile )

It sends uncompressed audio to VoxCommando so if you have a decent microphone on your device you can expect very good results. It also can use either a "press to talk" button, or it can be activated/deactivated by tilting the phone up/down.

Check it out:

http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?board=39.0
VoxCommando.com
We just released a new version of VoxCommando which supports XBMC Frodo RC3.

I also started a new thread since this one is pretty long.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153454
VoxCommando.com
Hi!
I am looking at VoxCommando to control my HTPC and was wondering if there are any issues with the amount of TV shows movies, music etc?
For example 4,000 music albums 2,000 movies etc.
Will there be any performance issues with VoxCommando and XBMC aBig Grinnd the large amount of shows?
Thanks,
Lee
(2013-05-09, 01:57)pickleous Wrote: Hi!
I am looking at VoxCommando to control my HTPC and was wondering if there are any issues with the amount of TV shows movies, music etc?
For example 4,000 music albums 2,000 movies etc.
Will there be any performance issues with VoxCommando and XBMC aBig Grinnd the large amount of shows?
Thanks,
Lee

It processes the database library pretty dang quickly. there is the free demo version to freely try, you may need to want to train you voice for added accuracy.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
from the install videos and stuff you can see large libraries perform just as well. You can always try the demo and affirm yourself.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VoxCommando - Speech recognition and command utility (control XBMC by voice commands)2