Browsing all media using a file explorer
Done lots of reading but cant find a definitive answer. Need help.

Is it possible to view all my media in XBMC via a file explorer (something like filemanager) so if I am browsing photos I see a thumbnail of the photo, likewise if I am browsing videos I see the relevant thumbnail too? Also, music as well.

Does anyone know if this has been implemented in any skin?
Thanks in advance
File manager is in the system menu, is that what you are after?
Paybac Wrote:File manager is in the system menu, is that what you are after?

I'd say he wants thumbnails for all file types to be shown while using file manager, currently this is not what happens.
Bigkidoz Wrote:I'd say he wants thumbnails for all file types to be shown while using file manager, currently this is not what happens.

Yes, loosely that's the idea but at a more working level, for example, when viewing videos using file view and non-library mode XBMC shows you a thumbnail of the selected video -could the same functionality not be extended to pick up thumbnails of pictures and music etc without having to navigate to those specific sections.

The reason I am asking for this feature is that I am trying to make the Xbox 'wife proof'! Smile

I am surprised this feature has never been implemented in any XBMC skin? Possibly, XBMC cannot technically do it as it seems like it can only read one section of its database at any one time. However, I had read a while ago on this site (can't remember exact post) that XBMC developers were working on a similar feature - I wonder how it panned out, it at all?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Browsing all media using a file explorer0