Installing XBMC on Lucid... step by step guide not working?
Im following these instructions :

Quote:HOW-TO install XBMC for Linux on Ubuntu, a Step-by-Step Guide
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_insta...ep-by-step

Installing XBMC Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic or higher
If you are using Ubuntu 9.10 or higher, you have the option of a more streamlined install. Load the terminal window and issue the following:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone
sudo apt-get updateYou do not need to add the XBMC Repo nor the PPA Keys. XBMC is already installed. To have content, go to Adding the XBMC SVN Repo Installer (not to be confused with XBMC Repo below).

If you get an error with message "E: Broken package" while doing this, please go to the System menu, then Administration, then Software Sources and check the "Community-maintained open Source software (universe)" and "Software restricted by copyright or legal issues (multiverse)" checkboxes and apply the changes.

and getting...

Quote:name@ROCKMEDIA:~$
name@ROCKMEDIA:~$ sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-standalone
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package xbmc
dprnet@ROCKMEDIA:~$

Any advice??

FIGURED IT OUT...

https://edge.launchpad.net/~team-xbmc-sv...lter=lucid

Ran software updater, and hey presto.. xbmc was listed as standaone package, v28042 - Lucid1
I have the same issue as you did but I do not understand how you fixed it even after following your link.
Ry J

The link is not the solution. I've just had the same issue on a clean installation of Ubuntu. You need to run your system "Update Manager", install available updates and then try the commands again. It worked for me.
Are you sure you did?:
sudo apt-get update

Perhaps the guide is wrong...I always do:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
instead of
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc

BTW I dont know who have updated the guide but...
Quote:You do not need to add the XBMC Repo nor the PPA Keys. XBMC is already installed.
.....this does not add a lot of useful information.
The add-apt-repository command adds the ppa to sources and it also add the keys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing XBMC on Lucid... step by step guide not working?0