[XBMC Live] Remote Support beyond MCEUSB
I was playing around a bit with remote support for XBMC Live trying to get non-MCE remotes working. My MCE-remote is working very well, but I don't get any other remotes working. Two issues:

1) Cannot edit lircd.conf file
I was trying to make changes to lircd.conf located in /etc/lirc/. When I do the edit directly, it works and my non-MCE remote is recognized and signals are received by Linux (not by XBMC though). However, upon restart the lircd.conf file changes back to what it initially was. It includes the following info:
#This configuration has been automatically generated via
#the Ubuntu LIRC package maintainer scripts.
#
#It includes the default configuration for the remote and/or
#transmitter that you have selected during package installation.
#
#Feel free to add any custom remotes to the configuration
#via additional include directives or below the existing
#Ubuntu include directives from your selected remote and/or
#transmitter.

#Configuration for the Windows Media Center Remotes (new version Philips et al.) remote:
include "/usr/share/lirc/remotes/mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb"

2) Make XBMC recognize the new remote (through Lircmap.xml)
Not sure where I need to edit the Lircmap.xml. I have tried the one in /usr/share/xbmc/system, but not with success. Even before rebooting and Linux identifying the remote, XBMC does not see it.

Any thoughts? Your help is hugely appreciated!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
How are you editting the lircd.conf? Nano? SFTP? SMB?

The Lircmap.xml you should be editting is in /xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/ - at least thats the one that worked for me.
Izod517 Wrote:How are you editting the lircd.conf? Nano? SFTP? SMB?

The Lircmap.xml you should be editting is in /xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/ - at least thats the one that worked for me.

Thanks for your reply. I need to find an answer to my first question. Maybe, it is just not possible. Is it actually possible to alter a XBMC-Live-CD in the first case? It feels that all changes to the /usr directory are discarede upon reboot?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Depends on how you have XBMC-Live-CD set up. Assuming your'e running from a thumbdrive there's an extra step to make changes stick - I can't recall it off-hand but it should be somewhere around here.
Persistent storage file on a USB Live installation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMC Live] Remote Support beyond MCEUSB0