Thumb/poster retrieval failing to retrieve movie poster from scraper?
All,

In the last month or so I installed the Camelot release and let XBMC auto update my library. All thumbnails/poster images updated properly. Today, I added a new movie to my library via 'scan for new content' and noticed that it failed to pull in a proper poster image and instead inserted what appears to be a frame from the movie.

It appears as a skewed image that looks like it's trying to use a 1080p resolution image in the thumbnail view. I thought maybe it was the scraper source was bad so I removed a movie that was properly added before and re-added it. Lo and behold it did the same thing, inserted what appears to be a random from from the MKV instead of the actual prior movie poster that was there before I removed/re-added it. I am able to manually add a poster image via browsing to an image on the hard drive.

I have the default scraper themoviedb.org configured. I switched it to imdb just to see if it was the scraper and I'm getting the same result. I have not changed the configuration since I originally installed it. This is quite odd.

The only thing that might be an issue is that I installed a recent dxva build on the same pc, although to a different folder and using a roaming profile so as to not overwrite the camelot install database. This shouldn't have affected the original install.

I'm at a loss here...any ideas?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73065

explains all Smile

Steve.
igu4n4 Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73065

explains all Smile

Steve.

Thanks for the reply but if I understand what that thread is saying, then this issue should only affect the somewhat recent nightly builds. As I said in the OP, this is happening on the December 2009 release of Camelot, NOT on a nightly build.

I have two separate installs of XBMC on this machine in two separate folders. One is the December release, one is a xbmc-r28256-trunk build which is installed with a roaming profile, so the program files and the db are in completely separate folders from the December build.

Not only that, the only scraper that's affected, according to the above thread is TMDB. As I also said in the OP, even when I configure the scraper to IMDB, I still get the jacked up Poster art.

Any other ideas?
igu4n4 Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73065

explains all Smile

Steve.

Thanks for the reply but if I understand what that thread is saying, then this issue should only affect the somewhat recent nightly builds. As I said in the OP, this is happening on the December 2009 release of Camelot, NOT on a nightly build.

I have two separate installs of XBMC on this machine in two separate folders. One is the December release, one is a xbmc-r28256-trunk build which is installed with a roaming profile, so the program files and the db are in completely separate folders from the December build.

Not only that, the only scraper that's affected, according to the above thread is TMDB. As I also said in the OP, even when I configure the scraper to IMDB, I still get the jacked up Poster art.

Any other ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumb/poster retrieval failing to retrieve movie poster from scraper?0