Add-on Manager questions
Is there a way a label with this visible to work with a premerge version?
PHP Code:
<visible>![Window.IsActive(videolibrary) | Window.IsActive(musiclibrary) | Window.IsActive(musicplaylist) | Window.IsActive(Programs) | Window.IsActive(AddonBrowser)]</visible

If I take out the Window.IsActive(AddonBrowser), it shows on the pre-merge version. I can think of two ways around it, but I'd rather keep it simple...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Is there a way a label with this visible to work with a premerge version?
PHP Code:
<visible>![Window.IsActive(videolibrary) | Window.IsActive(musiclibrary) | Window.IsActive(musicplaylist) | Window.IsActive(Programs) | Window.IsActive(AddonBrowser)]</visible

If I take out the Window.IsActive(AddonBrowser), it shows on the pre-merge version. I can think of two ways around it, but I'd rather keep it simple...

nope, if you add non-existing windows to you visibility condition, it will result in a 'Error evaluating boolean expression' error message.

i'm on the same boat as you are as i have added pvr support and needed to be careful with those conditions in order not to break compatibility with trunk.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
That was my guess, thought I'd 2x check...didn't know that it causes a 'Error evaluating boolean expression', good to know...thx

mcborzu Wrote:That was my guess, thought I'd 2x check...didn't know that it causes a 'Error evaluating boolean expression', good to know...thx

should be in your log file. at least i got pretty much in mine.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ai, damn.
Need to make some changes..
I can possibly work around that one for the future, but ofcourse it's no use at this point, right Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

One other scenerio I found, this block shows up in pre-merge builds:
PHP Code:
<control type="label">
                    <
posx>660</posx>
                    <
posy>0</posy>
                    <
width>700</width>
                    <
height>46</height>
                    <
aligny>center</aligny>
                    <
font>Font_Bartowski_List_Main</font>
                    <
textcolor>white</textcolor>
                    <
label>$INFO[ListItem.Label2]</label>
                    <
visible>Window.IsActive(AddonBrowser)</visible>
                </
control

I'm just going to duplicate my files view but make one copy a specific addons viewtype instead of having to worry about things...

jmarshall Wrote:I can possibly work around that one for the future, but ofcourse it's no use at this point, right Wink

that'd be nice. it certainly would make things easier to have one skin working on multiple branches....or, as in this case, a pre and post add-on merge version of trunk.
The only problem with that is eventually you'll need 2 versions anyway as far as what is available to users from the addons browser. i.e. you'll be able to push new versions of your skin to both stable users and to unstable users. The version of the skin engine will be updated in future whenever a new XML file is required, thus you'll have to keep separate versions anyway if you want to develop for stable and unstable simultaneously.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The only problem with that is eventually you'll need 2 versions anyway as far as what is available to users from the addons browser. i.e. you'll be able to push new versions of your skin to both stable users and to unstable users. The version of the skin engine will be updated in future whenever a new XML file is required, thus you'll have to keep separate versions anyway if you want to develop for stable and unstable simultaneously.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I know this may sound silly, but how about providing a Numeric skin setting variable called XBMC.Build. Then using the variable to check if the current version is compatible with a particular feature and doing an conditional include. Nice general solution, and if XBMC has not provided XBMC.Build when you read the variable, it's value will be zero. Thus you know it pre the version that provided the variable. For example:

<include condition="IntegerGreaterThan(XBMC.Build,29000)"> Blah</include>

Very simple, and I have probably overlooked something, but you get the general idea. What do you think?

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
I was going to knock out the weather section this weekend...Anyone know if the TWC script is up to date with the new builds?

If yes, are they working in up to date Confluence and T! versions?

If yes, anyone have the download link?

Thx...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on Manager questions0