Windows 7 and MediaPortal add-on
Exclamation 
Hello all,
I have a question in regards to this add-on. I have heard it works and I have seen lots saying it does not work well. I have been trying to gert this to work foe the past 3 days. I'm running windows 7. I have followed this guide with no luck. http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

I have done the loopback with no luck.

I'm able to see the live tv button in XBMC. But when I click on it I get this error, No PVR Clients available, Please check your setting or the backend

Also when I first open XBMC I get this error, MediaPortal Client add-on lost connection,

What do I need to do to get Live TV through XBMC?

Please help. Huh
A.D.I.D.A.S
Here is the error when I try and run the TVServerXBMC.exe

Any ideas?

256 views and nothingHuh.........Any help people? Please......
that's not a plugin error, there is topic talking about pvr and pvr support, check them and ask there.
just one question... are you running tvserver 1.1 rc1? that's what the tvserver plugin on scintilla is made for (or built against)... if you're running a more recent version (namely 1.1 rc2 which is what is out right now) you need to rebuild the tvserver plugin using visual c# (and overwriting the dlls in references with the ones you can find in your tvserver folder)
also... what can you see in xbmc.log? activate debug and post it on pastebin
Hello,
I just upgraded to windows 7 over the weekend so I could get mediaportal support in xbmc (previous xp64 not supported).

Using MP1.1rc2 and the build from http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc it gave me a few problems too and I haven't really fixed it but did manage to get it working. Firstly I had the mediaportal tvserver running on port 554 not the 9596 that is setup in xbmc. I was also getting long hangs on loading xbmc and found that I had to restart the tvservice service for it to boot and pickup the mediaportal server.
I ended up writing a .bat file which loads the xbmctvserver then xbmc then wait 2 seconds before stoping and starting the tvserver.

Im sure there is a simpler solution but it managed to get it working so I could have a play around with it. I should probably try 1.1rc1
Quote:Firstly I had the mediaportal tvserver running on port 554 not the 9596 that is setup in xbmc
the port tvserver is running on is absolutely uninfluent, the tvserver plugin creates another listening connection on 9596, that's why you absolutely need the plugin to be running and that's why you need the correct version of the plugin
you don't need the exe version of the plugin, you just need to recompile the plugin with the correct references and put it in the plugins folder and enable it, without any batch file or anything
Thanks Succo,

I knew the way I was doing it wasn't right but was just a bit unsure about it all. I will switch the port back and try it with the rc1 to see how that works.

I know this isn't really the thread to ask but what sort of bugs can I expect?
retro11 Wrote:Thanks Succo,
I know this isn't really the thread to ask but what sort of bugs can I expect?
Short summary of the 'bugs' that I (the author) am experiencing and working on right now:
  • For the current pvrtesting2 svn (r30050) version: Windows build is broken + MP pvr addon (after manual fixes) crashes with a memory leak.
  • Current ffmpeg player in svn has problems with rtsp playback of recordings. Live streams are ok.
  • EPG/Timer/Recording times show sometimes timezone correction problems.
The Windows setup on my website is the last unofficial working build for now...
Known issues with that version: old ffmpeg from 9.11 + plugins/scripts broken.

My development platform is WinXP/Ubuntu 9.10 so I don't know what the status for Windows 7 32/64bit is...
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
A.D.I.D.A.S Wrote:Here is the error when I try and run the TVServerXBMC.exe

Any ideas?
I haven't seen the TVServerXBMC crash from your screenshot before under WinXP or Vista. I will try to reproduce this under Win 7 and figure out what the problem is. I have no Win 7 installation at the moment, so it will take a while for me to reproduce this.

Right now, I really don't know what the problem is. TVServer version 1.1-rc2 is probably not the problem (working for me under XP).

Are you using a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of Win 7? Are Mediaportal + TVServer running without problems?

Grt,
Marcel
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
margro Wrote:I haven't seen the TVServerXBMC crash from your screenshot before under WinXP or Vista. I will try to reproduce this under Win 7 and figure out what the problem is. I have no Win 7 installation at the moment, so it will take a while for me to reproduce this.

Right now, I really don't know what the problem is. TVServer version 1.1-rc2 is probably not the problem (working for me under XP).

Are you using a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of Win 7? Are Mediaportal + TVServer running without problems?

Grt,
Marcel

32bit Windows 7 and MediaPortal and TVServer do work when I use running tvserver 1.1 rc1 but once I update to the newest it fails.
Ive updated the TVServerXBMC plugin. Did not test it yet under Windows 7, but it should give more debug info during startup that can help me to find the problem. Extract this version (v1.0.7.24) and run the debug version directly from its debug directory (don't copy it to the TVServer directory). If it still crashes, it will give hopefully more debug info on the console.

Remember that the binaries on my website are now based on MediaPortal 1.1.0 rc3

You can also try to recompile the TVServerXBMC (sources are also on my website) using Visual C# 2008 Express.

By the way, which database backend did you install for MediaPortal? The Microsoft SQL server or the MySQL server? In case you've chosen for the Microsoft SQL server, you'll need to change the "Gentle.config" file included with the TVServerXBMC plugin.

Grt,
Marcel

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 and MediaPortal add-on0