Roadmap and release date
jmarshall,

Thats great news. I have the latest stable on top of a kubuntu linux box and it works rather well on my hardware. I use to run the live version installed on a HDD however i had to format and reinstall once in a while cause it would error out saying it needed hardware acceleration from my nvidia card. But ive had no problems on top of kubuntu 10.04, accept for some small SMB share issues that i found a resolve for.

for ubuntu/kubuntu users are we likely to see a clean upgrade package or will we have to remove what we have and loose our scripts/addon support?

Do you have a list of features that will be included in this upgrade?

Thanks alot,
Phil

jmarshall Wrote:If you're lucky nightlies might be turned on by then (given it's a couple of days).

Stable will be at least another month away, maybe two. We want to get the addons system as well defined as we can prior to putting it out there to save further hassle down the road.

Cheers,
Jonathan
List of features is in the first post. (Roadmap)
Main - Intel E6750 C2D (2.66ghz)/Geforce 240
Bedroom - Intel E3300 C2D (2.5ghz)/Geforce 210
Guest Bedroom - Acer Revo 1600/ION LE
Test Desktop - Intel Q9300 C2Q (2.5ghz)/Geforce 9600 GSO
Ops, not sure how I missed that!

Thanks Smile

SlaveUnit Wrote:List of features is in the first post. (Roadmap)
Note that we suggest you do NOT run the builds from sshcs.com unless you're willing to put up with breakage. We cannot verify what they contain, and have asked them nicely to stop providing builds due to this.

There's a couple of known issues to sort out which I hope to get done over the next few days, whereby official nightlies will be back up and running. Ofcourse, stability will take a wee while after that - there's lots of potential "gotchas" in updating old installs, many of which we likely haven't caught yet Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

JMarshall - Thanks for the update!!!!!

It's a little disappointing to hear that the next Stable may be further than expected... but at least you guys are looking to get a "finished" product out there and not just rushing it out to meet a timeline.

Looking forward for the nightlies being "officially" back up. Hopefully they fix some of the issues on the ION boards!
No worries will wait for the official nightlies to kick in .
Fingers crossed!

DXVA 2.0! FTW
Is it set to be released today?

I saw the timeline and its like only 89Procent finnished ;P
Hiiish Wrote:Is it set to be released today?

I saw the timeline and its like only 89Procent finnished ;P

Hmm, Huh .... Read the thread
as you may see:

Active tickets: 64

which means that the developers are still actively busy on closing remaining tickets until hitting the milestone,

my guess is that it will rather be a 10.7 or even 10.8 than the expected 10.5 which is just fine for me, I can imagine how hard the devs are working Smile
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
Hello @ all,

comes rhere a new version of XBMC ? I saw under roadmap that there is a milestone 10.05 on 30.05.2010. Does this mean a new version is released soon ?

Timey
soon yes, but not that soon. we've missed the schedule a bit, as usual Smile
Check out this thread for your answer.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=74751
As said many times,

The milestone still has 60+ tickets opened which means that the 10.5 would rather be a 10.7 or 10.8 (my guess, a delay of at least 1 month probably 2)

cheers Smile
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
BS, open tickets has little effect on the release date.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
And for all those who moan about release dates to quoat the devs (IT WILL BE READY WHEN IT'S DONE) so please stop whinging at them as there only human after all and do this for fun and not for profit. Just my £2's worth.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Roadmap and release date0