XBMC tripped out, lost its gfx
I've been using XBMC 10.0 in Win 7 32bit since it was released. And just recently I was watching some episodes of Dexter and the video froze while the audio was continuing for about 5 seconds, then it was normal for a few seconds, then went back to freezing video for 5 seconds, and this looped about 4 or 5 times. I could not press pause, stop, or any other key. During this time the hard drive light was solid. It then just fixed itself and was normal again.

About a day or two later it did it again. But I was able to press the pause key while the system "did its thing" and waited for the hard drive to stop. But then there was no video after unpausing. I hit stop & back and the main menu had some place holders, but they were hollow and there weren't any graphics inside anything, just a bunch of blank/black & white squares. I had to exit XBMC and restart it. I use an ATI 5670 video card with downloaded drivers.

This is a fairly new system and install of Win 7 & XBMC. I use the transparency skin and have windows updates disabled and I believe I disabled the indexing service too. Ever since it was built about 2 months ago I've never seen the hard drive do this, so it seems it could be related to XBMC 10.0. Not sure if anyone else had seen this or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC tripped out, lost its gfx0