Plot information for movies...
Is there a way to enable (or see) the plot information for a movie in the fanart view? I love the view, but would like to be able to see the plot of a movie on the list view (fanart view) without clicking on it and selecting movie information.
it would be possible, by modding View-Fanart.xml

for instance you could replace the info currently being shown (title, genre, year, etc) with the plot.
in View-Fanart.xml, find the Fanart-Videos_Extras section and replace all of the label controls with this code:

Code:
<control type="textbox">
    <posx>257</posx>
    <posy>568</posy>
    <width>600</width>
    <height>85</height>
    <font>font-19</font>
    <align>justify</align>
    <textcolor>white</textcolor>
    <shadowcolor>black</shadowcolor>
    <pagecontrol>9999999999</pagecontrol>
    <label>$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</label>
    <autoscroll time="2000" delay="8000" repeat="5000">Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>
</control>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Could you combine this with the info that is already there and just show the plot above all of the other information? I'm thinking that is what I would really want. I still want to see all of the media info and such that is there, I would just like to see the plot as well.

As you can tell, I've never modded a skin before. I'm rather new to XBMC.
ok, than just add the above code (only change: <posy>465</posy>)
and don't remove any of the other label controls.

also change the <posy> and the <height> values of the two images (underlay.png) in the Fanart-Videos_Extras section
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Great! Thanks for the info. I think I have it all now, but I think I may want to swap the plot and put it under all the other information. So I guess what I would need to do is just edit the <posy> for every label element and the textbox to swap them. Thanks for the help!

Do you know how to get TV Shows and Movies on the main screen instead of just Videos?

Thanks again!
sure, just play around with the <posy> values.

adding items to the Home Menu can be done in Skin Settings.
I'm having trouble with the scrolling of the plot. I used the code you gave above and even dropped a 0 off each of the times, but I still never see any text scroll. Any idea why? Is it a skin setting I need to setup somewhere to allow autoscroll?
Also, what controls the mediainfo output? I was thinking of possibly leaving it at the bottom. Maybe I don't need to change anything for that.
daleybox Wrote:I'm having trouble with the scrolling of the plot. I used the code you gave above and even dropped a 0 off each of the times, but I still never see any text scroll. Any idea why? Is it a skin setting I need to setup somewhere to allow autoscroll?

yep. ;-)
daleybox Wrote:Also, what controls the mediainfo output? I was thinking of possibly leaving it at the bottom. Maybe I don't need to change anything for that.

in the Fanart-Videos_Extras section, look for this code:
Code:
<control type="grouplist">
    <posx>257</posx>
    <posy>659</posy>
    <width>577</width>
    <height>40</height>
    <itemgap>13</itemgap>
    <align>left</align>
    <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
    <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Enable_Movies_Media_Flags)">VideoMediaFlags</include>
</control>
<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(Enable_Movies_Media_Flags)">MovieStudioFlag</include>

the exact code might differ slightly depending on the Transparency! version you're using.
Thanks again for all the assistance, I love the skin. I need to look at all the skin options I guess, I never can seem to find them but it sounds like a lot of them have what I'm looking for, like changing to the horizontal bar, the autoscroll, the menu, and I'm assuming a way to enable previews.

I found the media info, thanks! It was off to the right on my screen for some reason, not where I was looking.

If you ever need a beta tester let me know, I'd be happy to help.
It's working great. It seems it always defaults to TV Shows as the selection on the horizontal bar. Can I change that? Not a big deal, just wondering. The other thing is how do you get the pictures to show up in the TV and the Movie Screen when you select the Fanart background for the TV Shows and Movies screens? I selected Fanart and Animate backgrounds, but don't see anything on the screens.

Also, how to you get trailers to show up and work? Do you have to have downloaded them and set up a path to them or something like that? I wasn't clear on if it would scrape them, if it was an option, or how that really worked.

BTW, thanks again for the skin and the mouse support. That's a huge plus for me. I'm using version 2.11, is there a newer version I should be using?
daleybox Wrote:It's working great. Two quick questions though. It seems it always defaults to TV Shows as the selection on the horizontal bar. Can I change that? Not a big deal, just wondering.

what button if focused by default depends on what menu options are disabled. i think, if you didn't make any changes, the video button should be focused by default.
the only way to change it, is to re-order the menu items of the horizontal menu in Includes_Home.xml

daleybox Wrote:Also, how to you get trailers to show up and work? Do you have to have downloaded them and set up a path to them or something like that? I wasn't clear on if it would scrape them, if it was an option, or how that really worked.

you can use one of the third party media managers to download those, or use the xbmc scrapers to fetch trailer url's when you add your movies to the library.

daleybox Wrote:BTW, thanks again for the skin and the mouse support. That's a huge plus for me. I'm using version 2.11, is there a newer version I should be using?

2.11 is the latest stable.
also available is the development version of T!, which will only work with a very recent svn version of xbmc.
So the trailers have to be downloaded and put in the media folder or scraped by the XBMC scrapers. Will it automatically see trailers then? I don't have any so I never see them or any option for them. Is there some way to tell XBMC to scrape them?

Do you have to setup anything to see the pictures in the tv screen and the movie screen on the TV Shows and Movies sections? I set the display to Fanart and to animate, but I don't see any pictures though the backgrounds changed.
daleybox Wrote:So the trailers have to be downloaded and put in the media folder or scraped by the XBMC scrapers. Will it automatically see trailers then? I don't have any so I never see them or any option for them. Is there some way to tell XBMC to scrape them?
the imdb scraper has an option to fetch trailers.
other than that, i don't know which other scrapers support it.

daleybox Wrote:Do you have to setup anything to see the pictures in the tv screen and the movie screen on the TV Shows and Movies sections? I set the display to Fanart and to animate, but I don't see any pictures though the backgrounds changed.

if you have scanned some movies / tv shows to the library, it should work out of the box. but there's also an option to manually pick a folder with images.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plot information for movies...0