• 3(current)
[LIVE] Complete EMUs/ROMs in Live (Acer Revo)
TheCooK Wrote:Hallo guys,

thanks for the nice guide and espescially for the patched Launcher scripts!

I followed all instructions and got zsnes running Super Mario Kart really nice.... But...

When i start a rom through the launcher it looks like its not the windows that gets the input... i can even use my MCE Remote control to navigate on XBMC - with znes running in front. Any idea what i can do to get xbmc going to background?

My Setup: XBMCFreak linux live installed, Acer Revo 3660, Mitsubishi HC1100 beamer (1280x720 max).

Thanks in advance,

CooK

Your remote will still work regardless I think.

Did you make sure to edit the python files? I didn't do it correctly and I had your same issue.
By editing the python files you mean putting this:

xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")

in ~/.xbmc/plugins/programs/Launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py ?

This was already done in the files i found at http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=464...tcount=582

If you solved this probs, mind sending me your python files?

Cheers - just opened a nice red whine -,

CooK
Projector: Sony VPL HW40-ES -
AMP: Pioneer SC-1224-K
Speaker: Jamo S 628 HCS
Player: HiMedia Player Q5 4K3D

Your MCE remote will indeed still work in the background. That's got to do with how Launcher is written as I understand it.
Just as an FYI, the "Wii" Logitech wireless keyboard is completely plug-and-play. Works great for command line from the couch.
TheDuffMan Wrote:I tried with your setup and I get sluggish audio. I may have to play around with more args.

Try these:
-sounddriver alsa -sounddevice sexyal-literal-default

Not sure which of those two is doing the trick, but it sounds good now. If anyone has insights into which mednafen graphics filters the revo can handle cleanly, I'd like to hear it.
For anyone working on GBA, this is working nicely for me:
<args>-gba.xres 1920 -gba.yres 1080 -fs 1 -gba.stretch 1 -soundbufsize 100 -gba.special hq2x -sounddriver alsa -sounddevice plughw:0,3</args>

This one was crackly as hell initially, which makes me suspect that mupen64plus and pSX/epsxe/etc. should be fixable as well. Anybody have a list of command-line arguments for those guys? Is there a way to get N64 or Playstation emulation running cleanly? I spent waaaay too long playing with settings last night without getting far.
The Xtras artwork / coverart is actually available on megaupload:

SNES: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FWAF6C78
NES: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0N9A5A3C
Genesis/etc: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0L98H6O7
GB series: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=58SONEYI

As far as I'm aware posting these links is fine, as these downloads ONLY contain artwork is readily available from sites such as wikipedia.
Thanks a lot for those links. A couple of the packs were inconveniently named with all the images in folders, so I wrote a quick java program to pull them out and place them alongside the roms.

Code:
import java.io.File;
import java.io.IOException;

public class RenameArtwork {
    public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException {
        String workingDir = args[0];
        String screenType = args[1];

File dir = new File(workingDir);
        File[] arrFiles = dir.listFiles();

for (int i = 0; i < arrFiles.length; i++)
        {
            if (arrFiles[i].isDirectory()) {
                File tempFile = new File(arrFiles[i].getPath() + "/" + screenType +".png");
                tempFile.renameTo(new File(workingDir + arrFiles[i].getName() + ".png"));
            }
        }

}
}

Run this on the command line with the 1st arg being the folder that holds all the folders of artwork, and the 2nd arg is the type of image you want (0001, 0002, each give different types of artwork). Please be aware this cuts and pastes with a rename (not copy/paste).

Sample usage:
Code:
java RenameArtwork /home/nick/roms/nesartwork/ 0001

Hope this helps someone!
Ah Duff that would have saved me a lot of a time on Sunday... Haha. It's ok I've still got Genesis to do so it will still save me time! Where do you save the java program?
You can save the Java program anywhere you like, and then run it by browsing to it through the command line. The important part is to specify the directory where the rom artwork is when running it.

Running it will depend on the system you have, but typically you will need to go to the folder it's in through the command line, then type
Code:
javac RenameArtwork.java
which will compile it, then
Code:
java RenameArtwork /dir/where/artwork/located/ 0001

You will need the openjdk-6-jdk package to compile it. Let me know if you need more help running this in a different environment like windows.
I'd actually prefer to run it in Windows, but the Linux terminal sounds easy enough so no worries.
Has anyone gotten a Sega Master System emulator working? I have Kega Fusion working great. The only problem is the "Esc" keep does not exit the emulator, it brings up the menu and I have to exit with a mouse or keyboard.

Code:
<launcher>
        <name>SEGA Master System</name>
        <application>/usr/bin/Fusion</application>
        <args>-sms -auto -fullscreen</args>
        <rompath>/home/xbmc/roms/sms/</rompath>  
        <romext>sms|zip|SMS|ZIP|Zip|Sms</romext>
        <thumb>/home/xbmc/roms/images/sms.jpg</thumb>
        <wait>true</wait>
        <roms>
            <rom>
                <name>Alex Kidd in Miracle World</name>
                <filename>/home/xbmc/roms/sms/Alex Kidd in Miracle World.sms</filename>
                <thumb>/home/xbmc/roms/images/Alex-Kidd-in-Miracle-World-1.jpg</thumb>
            </rom>    
        </roms>
    </launcher>
I couldn't get Kega Fusion to work well with my sound - among other things and ended up just giving up. It was my preferred Genesis / SMS / Sega CD emu in Windows. Sorry I can't be more help, in Gens the --quickexit argument fixes this. Gens should do SMS if I recall correctly - I mean it would be crazy if it didn't considering...
TheDuffMan Wrote:Running it will depend on the system you have, but typically you will need to go to the folder it's in through the command line, then type
Code:
javac RenameArtwork.java
which will compile it, then
Code:
java RenameArtwork /dir/where/artwork/located/ 0001

This worked flawlessly for me. I compiled in Windows, but all the same worked great. Thanks Duff, saved me some time on the Genesis front.
Izod517 Wrote:I couldn't get Kega Fusion to work well with my sound - among other things and ended up just giving up. It was my preferred Genesis / SMS / Sega CD emu in Windows. Sorry I can't be more help, in Gens the --quickexit argument fixes this. Gens should do SMS if I recall correctly - I mean it would be crazy if it didn't considering...

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, Gens does not do SMS. I guess i'll keep looking for an SMS emu.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Complete EMUs/ROMs in Live (Acer Revo)2