• 6(current)
[LIVE] Complete EMUs/ROMs in Live (Acer Revo)
steve1977 Wrote:Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. I am getting the following error:

user@user:~$ sudo apt-get install gens
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package gens

download the .deb from here: http://segaretro.org/Gens/GS?rdfrom=http...irect%3Dno

and dpkg -i xxx.deb
henwy Wrote:Any chance these are also there for N64?

Going to try fcorbier's method tonight to see if this fixes my sound issues with Mupen64Plus when launching it from within XBMC (still launching it fluxbox session with xbmc running)

Update: using the launcher.sh script like fcorbier posted solved my sound/speed issues with Mupen64Plus launching from withing XBMC. Works perfectly!

I've been working on this and am confused on the launcher.sh script part... I'm trying to get my Mupen64 to run better but am not sure how to implement this script... I tried creating a launcher.sh file and SFTPing it over to the system, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong somewhere because it's clearly not affecting anything. Further explanation of this technique would be great!

(PS - newly registered to the forums but have been using their wealth of information the past 2 weeks as I've been getting my new Revo 3610 setup with XBMC Live 9.11... you all have been a lifesaver. This HTPC is the best $300 I've spent in a while!)
Bobcat37 Wrote:I've been working on this and am confused on the launcher.sh script part... I'm trying to get my Mupen64 to run better but am not sure how to implement this script... I tried creating a launcher.sh file and SFTPing it over to the system, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong somewhere because it's clearly not affecting anything. Further explanation of this technique would be great!

(PS - newly registered to the forums but have been using their wealth of information the past 2 weeks as I've been getting my new Revo 3610 setup with XBMC Live 9.11... you all have been a lifesaver. This HTPC is the best $300 I've spent in a while!)

Have you modified your launcher.xml ?

edit ~/.xbmc/userdata/plugin_data/programs/Launcher/launcher.xml

Make sure the paths are correct (red)
Code:
<launcher>
                <name>Ninteno 64 (N64)</name>
                <application>[color=red]/home/xbmc/launcher.sh[/color]</application>
                <args>[color=red]/usr/games/mupen64plus[/color] --fullscreen --nogui --noask</args
                <rompath>/home/xbmc/roms/N64/</rompath>
                <romext>rom|zip|ROM|ZIP|Zip|Rom</romext>
                <thumb>/home/xbmc/roms/images/systems/n64.jpg</thumb>
                <wait>true</wait>
</launcher>

The application is now launcher.sh and it's arguments is launching mupen64.
henwy Wrote:download the .deb from here: http://segaretro.org/Gens/GS?rdfrom=http...irect%3Dno

and dpkg -i xxx.deb

Great, thanks. I suceeded to install it now and also put in all options as descrived in the first post. Unfortunately, I cannot import any roms ("0 files has been imported successfully").

Didn't have any probs with NES and SNES, but don't get GENS running.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
This thread is a surprise, thanks izod, phearless and duffman, i didnt think xbmc could get any greater!!

Ive been trying to get emulators up and running on my zotac ion itx /w xbmc-live 9.11 and have followed all the info that i found in this thread, but im experiecning some strange behaviour so I though Id post here.. When i run a rom (with zsnes)using the launcher plugin and launcher.sh I am still able to see xbmc behind the emulation window (which sits in the top left corner of the screen), is this normal? Also the sound is all crackly and broken when I start the rom, but after a while it corrects itself and is fine thereafter. And I am also unable to input any commands via the usb keyboard I have connected... BUT, if i run the command 'sudo /home/xbmc/.xbmc/plugins/programs/Launcher/launcher.sh /usr/bin/zsnes /home/xbmc/emu/snes/roms/Zool.zip' while xbmc is running via ssh only the emulation windows is visible, in the middle of the screen (xbmc is no longer visible in the background), and the keyboard is useable (I was able to access the menu and setup and use a wired xbox360 controller in zsnes), although now I get no sound at all....

Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar or if anyone knows of any workarounds?
Ok, I worked out what my problem was thanks to this post.Namely this step:

Quote:1: EDIT ~/.xbmc/plugins/programs/Launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py
Code:

sudo nano /home/xbmc/.xbmc/plugins/programs/Launcher/resources/lib/launcher_plugin.py

2: FIND TWO elif (sys.platform.startswith('linux')):
3: WRAP BOTH with xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")

Code:

elif (sys.platform.startswith('linux')):
xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")
os.system("\"%s\" %s \"%s\"" % (launcher["application"], launcher["args"], rom["filename"]))
xbmc.executehttpapi("Action(199)")

I only had to wrap one of the commands, the other was done already. Now the emu's with a black background and I am able to use the keyboard within the emu. But now pressing escape within the emu quits the app and returns to xbmc, so in zsnes im unable to configure my controllers...

Im starting to slowly get there Nod
With further digging around I realised that the -m arg was being used in the launcher config. removed this and all seems fine now. using the -ad sdl arg helps the audio, but its not perfect...

EDIT: After erasing the .zsnes folder and starting again everything is perfect. Im just using the -ad sdl arg whilst everything else was setup with the gui.

Off to try some other emulator now!!
steve1977 Wrote:Great, thanks. I suceeded to install it now and also put in all options as descrived in the first post. Unfortunately, I cannot import any roms ("0 files has been imported successfully").

Didn't have any probs with NES and SNES, but don't get GENS running.

make sure the rompaths are correct in the launcher.xml file:

Code:
<rompath>[color=red]/home/xbmc/roms/GENS/[/color]</rompath>
<romext>rom|zip|ROM|ZIP|Zip|Rom</romext>

Also check if your rom-extension is written under <romext>
grassmunk: are you using any particular settings to get mupen64plus running smoothly? For me the audio keeps on skipping and game play is slow on mario 64. Im running it on a zotac dual core atom (@2ghz) with ion gpu. I know atoms arent the fastest cpu's, but I remeber n64 emulation running better on my xbox1. Ive tried mucking about with some settings and I tried the latest version from google code, but couldnt get that to run. Im going to try someother emu's, but I think mupen64plus is the only activley developed one, and the only one wheich runs on linux natively. Ive heard that you can run pj64 under wine but i dont like the idea of that...
I'm having some serious issues getting this to work.

Here's the output when I try to start zsnes through the terminal:
Code:
revo@XBMCLive:~$ zsnes
ZSNES v1.51, (c) 1997-2007, ZSNES Team
Be sure to check http://www.zsnes.com/ for the latest version.

ZSNES is written by the ZSNES Team (See AUTHORS.TXT)
ZSNES comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software,
and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions;
please read 'LICENSE.TXT' thoroughly before doing so.

Use ZSNES -? for command line definitions.

Starting Mouse detection.
Unable to poll /dev/input/event3. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
Unable to poll /dev/input/event2. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
Unable to poll /dev/input/event1. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
Unable to poll /dev/input/event0. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
ManyMouse: 0 mice detected.
commandline read: zsnes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| DirectFB 1.2.7 |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        (c) 2001-2008  The world wide DirectFB Open Source Community
        (c) 2000-2004  Convergence (integrated media) GmbH
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

(*) DirectFB/Core: Single Application Core. (2009-06-02 06:33)
(!) Direct/Util: opening '/dev/fb0' and '/dev/fb/0' failed
    --> No such file or directory
(!) DirectFB/FBDev: Error opening framebuffer device!
(!) DirectFB/FBDev: Use 'fbdev' option or set FRAMEBUFFER environment variable.
(!) DirectFB/Core: Could not initialize 'system_core' core!
    --> Initialization error!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| DirectFB 1.2.7 |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        (c) 2001-2008  The world wide DirectFB Open Source Community
        (c) 2000-2004  Convergence (integrated media) GmbH
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

(*) DirectFB/Core: Single Application Core. (2009-06-02 06:33)
(!) Direct/Util: opening '/dev/fb0' and '/dev/fb/0' failed
    --> No such file or directory
(!) DirectFB/FBDev: Error opening framebuffer device!
(!) DirectFB/FBDev: Use 'fbdev' option or set FRAMEBUFFER environment variable.
(!) DirectFB/Core: Could not initialize 'system_core' core!
    --> Initialization error!
Could not set 512x448 video mode: DirectFBCreate: Initialization error!

I've had a look at framebuffer issues, but I really don't want to mess with grub, as everything's working just fine atm. Using r28127 (the latest nightly Live).
Don't worry if it doesn't work when running through the terminal. Mine doesn't either. Just follow the steps and get it running through launcher, and it should be fine.
guys i tried pj64 on windows on a similarly specced pc to my htpc (Via Nano 1.3+ghz) and it runs mario 64 at 60fps with no audio hiccups, from my limited testing it seemed to have a higher compatibility and actually seems to run alot smoother than muppen64plus on a athlon x4 2.9ghz...
Sorry, what I mean was it wasn't working through Launcher, so I started it through Terminal to try to get an idea of what was going on (if you catch my drift).
NEUR0M4NCER: does it work when you run it as sudo?
No, that was my first thought too. Also checked file permissions.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Complete EMUs/ROMs in Live (Acer Revo)2