• 9(current)
[LIVE] Complete EMUs/ROMs in Live (Acer Revo)
I have read through the whole thread and managed to get zsnes and gens running. Huge thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread.

However, I do have one problem. I have managed to get sound but it only comes through the speaker jack of my Zotac HD-ND02. No matter what I try, I can't get the sound to come through HDMI. Sound works fine for movies and system sounds of the skin.

When I first installed XBMC, I upgraded to the latest ALSA as per the directions here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6589810

I also installed libsdl1.2debian-all as per TheDuffMan's instructions earlier in this thread. Prior to this, neither zsnes nor gens had sound at all.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
What does your .asoundrc look like?
I currently do not have any .asoundrc. When I first installed the emulators, I followed the directions on the first post, "defaults.pcm.device 3". However, this caused my system sounds to disappear and I still had no emulator sounds coming through HDMI (audio from movies continued to play fine).

Now, I only have the asound.conf file in /etc/. My asound.conf file is as follows:

pcm.!default hdmi:NVidia
pcm:iec958 hdmi:NVidia

Thank you.
Yea, your system is probably different, that's why device 3 didn't work. I think the proper command to check is:

Quote:aplay -l

You'll maybe need to direct audio output using a different audio driver or something along those lines to get it going back to HDMI... anyone have ideas?
Thanks for all this hard work! I've got zsnes running with full sound with local roms but what about over the network from my windows box sharing some roms?

I get launcher to import them by adding this to the rompath:
smb://<smbsharenetbiosname>/PUBLIC/SNES/ROMS/

but when i try to get zsnes to run them through launcher it can't find them. Any ideas?
TheDuffMan Wrote:Yea, your system is probably different, that's why device 3 didn't work. I think the proper command to check is:

You'll maybe need to direct audio output using a different audio driver or something along those lines to get it going back to HDMI... anyone have ideas?

Here's what I get when I check aplay -l:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC888 Analog [ALC888 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC888 Digital [ALC888 Digital]
Subdevices: 1/1
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
Subdevices: 0/1

Card 0, device 3 is definitely where the audio output should be going.
Hi guys. so the above SMB issue was solved my just having linux mount the drive on boot through fstab.

New question. I've got cwiid (wminput) working perfectly however i've got it running by wminput -d manually.

I was thinking of using the launcher.sh method to pop open the wminput deamon and then connect my wiimotes and have it auto close when i exit the emulator. I'm thinking that this will save some batteries in case i'm forgetful.

so my launcher looks something like this:
Code:
/usr/bin/killall -STOP xbmc.bin
[b]/usr/bin/wminput -d[/b]
"$@"
[b]/usr/bin/killall wminput[/b]
/usr/bin/killall -CONT xbmc.bin

and the relevant portion of launchers.xml looks like this
Code:
<name>Super Nintendo</name>
                <application>[b]/home/xbmc/gamedata/launcher.sh[/b]</application>
                <args>/usr/bin/zsnes -s -v 18 -ad sdl -r 6</args>

I can't seem to get this to work. Zsnes loads right up and i can't pair the wii remotes. Any ideasHuh?

p.s. oops. i'll add a useful link in case anyone else wants to try cwiid and wii remotes to play classic nintendo games (which imo should be the only controllers to play them with!) https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CWiiD

p.p.s. To get it to work, git pull source then ./configure --without-python
I've got a question concerning a screenshot in the first post (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=533...tcount=1): How do I create custom menu items in Alaska? Sure, I have created a custom sub menu item of Apps where my games can be launched... But I don't need other apps, so I'd like to create a full custom menu item like the screenshot has. Is it possible (without help from skinners) or is the screenshot just showing a submenu?
bmfrosty Wrote:No gens on 10.4. DGEN though. It seems to run, but I haven't figured out how to configure the joypads. Any ideas?

Try running dgen with the -j option to tell it to use a joystick for input. That made my Gravis gamepad pro work, although I haven't figured out how to (or if I even can) remap the buttons. Not sure how it will work with 2 joypads either but hopefully it points you in the right direction.
seems you can lo longer sudo apt-get install gens or sudo apt-get install -f gens

Sad

-=Jason=-
TheHazel3yes Wrote:I've got a question concerning a screenshot in the first post (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=533...tcount=1): How do I create custom menu items in Alaska? Sure, I have created a custom sub menu item of Apps where my games can be launched... But I don't need other apps, so I'd like to create a full custom menu item like the screenshot has. Is it possible (without help from skinners) or is the screenshot just showing a submenu?

Its a replacement of the Apps menu. From an earlier post:

Quote:If you're like me and don't use the programs section for anything other than games, you can change the shortcut on Includes_Home_1.xml to bring you directly to launcher. On line 21, make the shortcut XBMC.ActivateWindow(1,plugin://programs/Launcher/).
Thank you, this is great news!! Wink
my zsnes graffics look pretty poor mednefan looks much better..

here are my args for Zsnes
Code:
/usr/bin/zsnes -m -s -v 22 -ad sdl -r 6
I edited the zsnes config file like so
Code:
; You need to select the custom video mode and modify CustomResX/Y to properly
; use custom res support.
cvidmode=22
; Last windowed & fullscreen modes (used when alt-tabbing)
PrevWinMode=2
PrevFSMode=22

; Custom Resolution X and Y for Custom Video Modes [256x224..2048x1536]
CustomResX=1440
CustomResY=1080

Edit: I changed it to 1920x1080 it looks better, but not as good as it should look

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:seems you can lo longer sudo apt-get install gens or sudo apt-get install -f gens

Sad

-=Jason=-

Read post #76 of this thread on how to get and install the deb package for gens.
pastrychef Wrote:Read post #76 of this thread on how to get and install the deb package for gens.

thanks, I had installed a while ago via post #76 and never used Gens and forget I had installed it.

my problem now is mupen64plus... I used the apt-get install method and it installed, but when launching a game it asks me about a controller. I don't have one yet. Is a controller a MUST have to use mpuen64plus?

-=Jason=-
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Complete EMUs/ROMs in Live (Acer Revo)2