Some TV Series Banners Won't Display
Hi all,

Quick question here, and apologies if this has been talked about before - I did a quick look but could not find anything dealing my specific problem.

In my TV Series when using the banner view, some of the banners are showing, while most show nothing - just the default picture it shows when it can't get a banner image. I tried something I read in the revisited sticky about putting a 'banner.jpg' image in the root folder of each TV Series folder but that didn't work (incidently for say Big Bang Theory should the banner be called 'banner.jpg' or 'big bang theory.jpg' and should it be stored in the root big bang theory folder or the root tv series folder?)

Anyway I was rooting around in the database that I exported to see if there were any problems and I noticed this tacked onto the end of the database:

Quote:<paths>
<path>
<url>/media/Media/Movies/</url>
<scanrecursive>0</scanrecursive>
<usefoldernames>false</usefoldernames>
<content>movies</content>
<scraperpath>tmdb.xml</scraperpath>
</path>
<path>
<url>/media/Media/TV Series/</url>
<usefoldernames>false</usefoldernames>
<content>tvshows</content>
<scraperpath>tvdb.xml</scraperpath>
</path>
<path>
<url>/media/Media/TV Series/Band Of Brothers/</url>
<usefoldernames>true</usefoldernames>
</path>
<path>
<url>/media/Media/TV Series/Black Books/</url>
</path>
<path>
<url>/media/Media/TV Series/Blackadder/</url>
</path>
<path>
<url>/media/Media/TV Series/Dilbert/</url>
</path>
<path>
<url>/media/Media/TV Series/Entourage/</url>
</path>
<path>
<url>/media/Media/TV Series/Heroes/</url>
</path>
<path>
<url>/media/Media/TV Series/MacGyver/</url>
</path>
<path>
<url>/media/Media/TV Series/Nitro Circus/</url>
</path>
<path>
<url>/media/Media/TV Series/Top Gear/</url>
</path>
<path>
<url>/media/Media/TV Series/Two and a Half Men/</url>
</path>
</paths>

Each of the TV Shows that are listed specifically are the ones that the banners are not working for. If the show is not listed above, it's banners are working fine. Could this be related to the problem? If I delete the above sections (except for the first 2 paths sections) and import this modifed database will it possibly fix the banner problem?

To help my understanding why has the database created these sections? All the other shows that have working banners are using exactly the same directory structure - Media/TV Series/<TV Show>/<Season 1>, <Season 2> etc. Maybe its the use folder names tag that is the problem?

If nothing I have mentioned is the possible cause for my banner problem can someone shed some light for me?

I'm a bit of a noob so if any of this is blindingly obvious please forgive me!

Regards,

Matt
'banner.jpg' only works on Alaska Revisited.

Have you tried re-downloading them from the Info screen?
Hey thanks for the reply!

Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by re-downloading them from the info screen?

I actually deleted the media that the banners were not working for, and rescanned the library. The banners appeared for 2 of the shows that weren't displaying correctly the first time, but the rest refused to load regardless. I tried this several times but to no avail.

Is there anyway I can force Alaska to use a banner image? I created nfo files but that appears to do have done nothing.
When you select the show in question press 'i' to bring up the info screen, then press Up or Down and choose 'Get Thumb' so XBMC rescans tvdb for the available thumbs.
Ah sweet. Thanks for that. I'll let you know how it goes when I get near my HTPC again!
If I rescan I get no banner, however if I copy the image and save as banner.jpg the banner shows up? is there a quick way of doing this? Alternatively if I opt for a different view say poster what is the quickest way to change the banners to posters, without indivdualy redownloading each cover poster?
You might find this usefull:
http://code.google.com/p/tvdbclidownloader/

I Concocted a little util for downloading banners. It beats downloading them manually.
GREAT! will try it right now..... all I need then is the Info screen to display the poster instead of squeezing the banner and I am done!

thanks again... ps dont suppose you have a similar app for Posters..... I want to change my lounge from banners to posters without re-building the library or doing each individually!!

how demonding!Rolleyes
You need to set the TVdb scraper to download 'posters' instead of 'banners' so they'll then be used for the info screen and also if you want to change one of the views to Poster.
HI Erlend, I could not get your app to work on either an XP Pro MC or Win 7? installed net 4.0 on both first.....

Hitcher thanks, am loving it!! In terms of Banners and posters, I wanted to use the banners in banner view but posters on the info page is that possible? Cause I use the iphone app the banners loook better.

thanks
That's the whole reason I used banner.jpg and landscape.jpg so the info screen will show posters and you can use different view type for different levels of TV Shows without having to re-download/update your thumbs.
just gets better and better...! Have changed the scraper but when I refresh the tv show i still get no picture for the banner and the banner in the info (squashed), what am I doing wrong? if I Manually add the banner.jpg sorted! but I have lots of TV shows! :confused2:
You shouldn't be selecting the banner.jpg instead, if you've changed the scraper to prefer posters, either refresh the show or select 'thumb' and scroll down the list until you see posters and pick one you like.
This skin is actually the best looking but the banners in series not showing is just annoying..:/

I'd really love being able to switch from Confluence (using banners for tv shows) to Alaksa revisited without touching anything.

Edit: I have just seen this: http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/2365/testzw.jpg

How can I have it configured as it's shown in 15th image? In my set up banners aren't shown..
Turn off 'Use 'banner.jpg' for Banner view' and it'll use the scraped icons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some TV Series Banners Won't Display0