Adding Music FanArt manually?
Question 
I've been searching and going through the wiki but couldn't find what I'm looking for unless I'm looking in the wrong places. In any case, I have some of my movies library setup and working fine but would like to get my Music library looking nice too.

I listen to alot of foreign stuff and other types of music that don't generally have fanarts and such. Is it possible to add fanart manually to a specific artist so that a fanart will show up when I have that artist selected? If so, how is it done?

thanks in advance Smile

also, not sure if it matters but this is how I currently have my music structured on the sharing computer
- //server/Music/Genre/Artist/Year - Album

I'd say majority of my music are properly tagged using MediaMonkey, since I had to get them tag right for the Zune software Smile
fanart.jpg inside the artist folder.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

hmm i just tried that but no-go. after i add the fanart.jpg to artist folder .. anything i have to do within xbmc for it to recognize it? do i have to re-scan library?

i notice when i did update library and browsing by genre, it seems messed up than from what I have tagged. its showing different artist name. hmm.
Be careful with artist names, there's 2 tags : %artist% and %band%
Software mostly use %artist%, but it seems that xbmc use %band% prior to %artist%.
That may be your problem.

You have to rescan artists info after adding the fanart.jpg.
Try to refresh the artist from in info window.

Also the Album Artist tag is one place to look.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
k finally got the fanart to show up for the couple artist i had test out. i guess the skin I was using, i had to go in under options to enable fanart. now i just need to try and re-do the music library again.

thanks for the help Smile
hmm here's what I notice in re-adding music source. im testing with my R&B directory. I often like to listen to a specific genre and usually do a random all within that genre so when I tag my music, I like to keep the number of differne genre to a minimum.

So in my R&B folder, everything in there is tag with R&B .. however when I add the source to XBMC and scan the library, some of the artist is showing up as a different genre than what I have tag. Seems like the scrapper that its getting the info from is taking priority instead of the iDtag itself.

Is there a setting somewhere that will keep the IDtag info in tact and displays that instead of what it pulls from the internet?
Genre information is taken only from your file tags. Sounds like you have some tags there that whatever tag software you're using doesn't know about?

jmarshall Wrote:Genre information is taken only from your file tags. Sounds like you have some tags there that whatever tag software you're using doesn't know about?

Good to know genre is taken only from the file tags. I'll have to go over my files again and verify.

thanks Smile
I don't use the library mode. Is it still possible to add fanart to an album?
no one?
I'm not sure, I have the same question, but I didn't get it working. Maybe anybody else.....

Libary view is cooler, but might be too much work Smile
Is there a scaper that anyone knows of that does fanart for music automaically?
AllMusic and Last.FM scrapers can pull fanart as far as I know. You may need to go to the scraper settings and make sure it's enabled though.
but still no answer to my question... Is it possible to add fanart to music files if you don't use the library mode?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Music FanArt manually?0