Xbox xbmc audio lag
Hello guys,

Somehow my xbox lags while playing music, the strange thing is, when a song lags, it'll lag everytime when played, and when a song does play well, it will play well all the time.
The lag is also album related, some albums don't lag, some do.

For example:
Does lag:
Rage Against The Machine - Killing in the Name.mp3
Bitrate: 320kbps
Channels: 2 (stereo)
recording speed: 44kHz

While checking for lag/non lag i found out that higher bitrates (320) often lag, and lower bitrates don't lag..
Is that correct? and is there any way to solve this?

Thanks a lot!

/edit 256+ does also lag often =(
I didn't have problems playing audio files on my chipped xbox, but that was about 2-3 years ago, and with another version of xbmc.

Anyone got any idea? its quite annoying =(
It would be well worth reading your debug log to see if there are any issues recorded there. A "corrupt" video database can cause all sorts of performance issues, for example.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
Thanks, doing that right now.
by the way: XBMC says that i have to add md5 bios info when i go to settings, maybe thats the problem?

Do you have any idea what to look for in the log, as its quite some info :O
Thanks!
The BIOS info stuff only relates to XBMC's ability to tell you what BIOS the system is using. It's merely a cosmetic function, and not related to playback performance.

If you can't see anything obvious in the log (make sure it's a debug log: hold X+Y as XBMC starts to boot in debug mode), dump it on PasteBin and provide a link back here.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
I can't find anything Sad Thanks for your help by the way!
Here is the log, as you see i rebooted during music scan, i hope that isn't a problem.
http://pastebin.com/yFa7vK2Z

Thanks a lot!
Nobody got any idea? =O
My cpu usage never goes up to 100% by the way..

Thanks a lot!
Try upgrading. Your XBMC version is rather old and probably still has the caching bug that appeared (+was solved) somewhere last year....
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
I'll try that, thanks a lot!
I can't use the auto install script, so'll try manually.

Thanks!
Thanks a lot, updating fixed the problem ^^
Stupid me...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox xbmc audio lag0