[Windows]&[Linux] Music video playback problems
When playing music files, XBMC jumps over to the next file in the library as the song ends. I would also like this feature to be applied on music videos as well.

The problem is that the music videos are treated as "movies" or whatever where the playback stops as the file ends. I cannot find any setting to change the behavior of the player so that the music videos are treated as "music". I set the "content type" of the source to "Music Videos" but that didn't help at all. There is no "party mode" anywhere, the "library mode" feature whatever that is is greyed out / disabled. I also cannot find any plugin/extension that would overcome this.

This problem persists in both Linux and Windows
Can you not put all your vids in a directory and press play on the directory. That would play everything in that directory
Yes, that works but I don't like having to start from the beginning every time I play a "folder". It should be able to start from whatever file i have chosen to play in that folder. It would even be better if there was a shuffle function that either picked a song randomly or shuffled the list of tunes.

What happened to the "library mode" and the "party mode" features?
Video lacks the "auto play next item" regardless of the content type (movies, tv shows, music videos).

The Library option is greyed out because you've not scanned your video media. If you scan your music videos, the Library option will be accessible, and then you'll have party mode as well. Like music, party mode only works on the items in the library. And scanned music videos are unique in that they will also appear as a node under the Music Library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks m8! After scanning the music video source and entering the library mode I got it. In library mode it automatically proceeds from one song to another.
But I still miss a rating system so that I can weed out the bad pieces from the library.
The music library supports a 0 to 5 star rating system and can import the rating from ID3 tags:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Pre...n_ID3_tags

You can also manually rate a song. At the full screen visualisation, up and down on the remote should increase and decrease the rating of the currently playing song.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows]&[Linux] Music video playback problems0