[LIVE] stoopid question: adding a remote
So I'm trying to setup a Tivo remote I got from that Nero LiquidTV package for use with XBMC. I've got a lircd.conf with the codes from this remote. Now, how do I make it work with XBMC Live?
It looks like the Lircmap.xml is where you control this. I tried adding the remote's name, as given in the lircd.conf, to Lircmap.xml, but that didn't seem to work.
I'm very close on this; what's the missing link?

thanks...
coredump4 Wrote:what's the missing link?

Your mouse clicking the search button

Did you even bother to do a simple search?

There are HUNDREDS of posts describing in DETAIL how to add and customize remotes.

EVERY piece of information you need has been posted many many times over. This subject has been beat to death and posted about AT LEAST every few days.
FishOil Wrote:Your mouse clicking the search button

Did you even bother to do a simple search?

There are HUNDREDS of posts describing in DETAIL how to add and customize remotes.

EVERY piece of information you need has been posted many many times over. This subject has been beat to death and posted about AT LEAST every few days.
The time it took you to write that, you could've answered the question. But thanks for your help, I'll keep searching endlessly instead of posting. That was a great idea, I'd never thought of searching... Oo
coredump4 Wrote:The time it took you to write that, you could've answered the question. But thanks for your help, I'll keep searching endlessly instead of posting. That was a great idea, I'd never thought of searching... Oo

You even put in the title of this post that it was a stoooopid question. You dont want to take the time to search but you want someone else to take the time to write step by step hand held coredump4 tutorial. Its allready been done. Go look for it.

Shit....here let me do it for you.

Configure Remote for XBMC

283,000 results in 0.26 seconds

Glad I could help.
Look, I don't know if you're having a bad weekend or what, but you come across as the type that trolls the forums looking for people you assume are morons and trying to belittle them. I guess that works for your ego, but doesn't do much else. Nobody, especially myself, is interested in your brand of "help."
RTFM

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] stoopid question: adding a remote0