Windows build problems with current svn.
Your crash is different. It's not the enumeration of the display devices. But it does look like you may have a bad copy of the addons folder. I see the errors about the incorrect type fields for some of them, and lots of errors about missing skin files.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
taxigps: it seemed you had issues with your computer earlier - please make sure that's taken care of first. The debug log you attached has proper screen enumeration, so I don't see how 29462 could break it.
Please follow the HOW-TO build to the letter, I recently updated it.

kimp93: same thing, first make sure your build environment is exactly as described in the wiki. You could be missing the XBMC_HOME variable.

kraqh3d: the addon type field error is nothing. It's something obsolete that doesn't do anything in Windows DX anyway.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
30159 works fine for me with intel gfx. thanks
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
CrystalP Wrote:taxigps: it seemed you had issues with your computer earlier - please make sure that's taken care of first. The debug log you attached has proper screen enumeration, so I don't see how 29462 could break it.
Please follow the HOW-TO build to the letter, I recently updated it.
I have updated the video card driver of my x61 laptop. xbmc not crash windows now. thanks for your help.
CrystalP Wrote:kimp93: same thing, first make sure your build environment is exactly as described in the wiki. You could be missing the XBMC_HOME variable.

I didn't notice wiki has changed and didn't set dependency properly. Thanks for pointing out.
CrystalP Wrote:From what you're writing, the screens are not enumerated and that's what needs to be fixed. If you're running a headless PC, that's something else Smile

Just wondering on this, occasionally I need to admin my XBMC in remote desktop on windows. This used to work fine but in recent SVN builds this has stopped working. XBMC crashes if I try to run it in remote desktop now. Is this new screen logic the cause? I will get a debug log of it when I can.

Edit: Well the log isn't very helpful, it just stops logging while the addons are still loading. There are addon errors here but they're present in the log when I run it normally as well. I should also mention this is with rev 30307.

Another Edit: I've also found that if XBMC is already running when I remote in, it carries on without a problem. So it's just something in the startup that it doesn't like.
debug logs (working and non-working)!
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Ok, so I hope I've done this right because other than the fact that no display modes get enumerated, I can't see much that's helpful in here.

Here is the log of xbmc starting locally and working happily (logging dies because I alt-F4 it after a while):
http://pastebin.com/FGKRAQSE

Here is the log of xbmc starting inside remote desktop and crashing:
http://pastebin.com/tkqnebdA - Non-Working

As you can see, logging just ceases at a fairly generic looking place. Is there anything I can do to get a more verbose log? Both runs are XBMC in windowed mode.
Hi to everyone.

Don't know if this forum is the correct place to write this.

When i try to compile XBMC (latest build from svn) i get (only) the following error.

Code:
1>------ Operación Generar iniciada: proyecto: XBMC, configuración: Debug (DirectX) Win32 ------
1>Compilando...
1>RenderSystemDX.cpp
1>c:\xbmc\xbmc\rendersystemdx.cpp(244) : error C2065: 'D3DSWAPEFFECT_FLIPEX' : identificador no declarado
1>El registro de compilación se guardó en el "file://c:\XBMC\project\VS2008Express\XBMC\Debug (DirectX)\objs\BuildLog.htm"
1>XBMC - 1 errores, 0 advertencias
========== Generar: 0 correctos, 1 incorrectos, 52 actualizados, 0 omitidos ==========

Everything is in spanish, but the error says 'D3DSWAPEFFECT_FLIPEX' "IDENTIFIER NOT DECLARED"

Hope you can help.

Thanks!

nickritus, there is less than I expected. Do you unplug your screen when you remote in?

Can you trace what's happening in the screen enumeration (CWinSystemWin32::UpdateResolutionsInternal() inWinSystemWin32.cpp) or can you apply a patch that will add more to the debug log?

eduardor2k, not the best place but... Check the HOW-TO build and make sure you meet all requirements. Especially the DirectX SDK.
If that's ok, try a 'Solution Clean' before 'Solution Build'.
Cheers for helping out CrystalP,

I don't physically unplug the TV, however I'm pretty sure when I turn the TV off it registers this as removing the device. I don't have proof of this on hande, only anectodal evidence (I hear the windows remove device sound...).

I don't have dev tools on that machine (and I really don't want them on there). I can see if I can stand a bit of remote debugging, but it might be quicker if I apply a patch.

Edit: OK so remote debugging has been somewhat fruitful. Here's what I've got for you so far:

Inside UpdateResolutionsInternal(),
The outer while loop call to enumDisplayDevices returns:
RDPDD Chained DD
RDP Encoder Mirror Driver
RDP Reflector Display Driver

Of these only the remote desktop chain driver passes the "Exclude displays that are not part of the windows desktop" check.

That device subsequently returns 0 on the inner call to EnumDisplayDevices. According to function documentation: "If the function fails, the return value is zero. The function fails if iDevNum is greater than the largest device index." iDevNum in that call is 0 so I guess there aren't any to enum. So anyway no screens are found.

I've hit a bit of an obstacle though, it's having trouble loading cpluff, which didn't happen in the release exe. I'm hitting an abort() there so I can't see where the real crash happens yet.

Hope this is helpful.
I was afraid this enumeration situation would happen Sad This information is very helpful, thanks for taking the time. Now I need to think of a generic solution.

I saw the cpluff problem with VS2010 yesterday but VS2008 was fine. You may want to try that.

edit: 30406 should do it.
Thanks CrystalP, nice one!

Looking forward to trying it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows build problems with current svn.0