Play movies with less clicks
All,

I think the Xbmc is a great media center. My challenge is when my children want to watch a movie, its a little complex. Push the video button and all movies can be browsed with covers. Thats fine. BUT when pushing the right movie cover that only send you down to that specific movie folder. An pushing again you have to chose witch file to start (DVD structure). To many clicks!

Is there a way to set the XMBC to start movie from the first video thumbnail?

Kjell Arne
Use library mode and add your titles to the library.
Turn on stacking, and DVD folders get stacked into a single click.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
gabbott Wrote:Use library mode and add your titles to the library.
Ditto / or use mediaplayer or similarRolleyes
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I must be slower than even my wife think ;o)

I have turned on stacking, but still I must drill down the folder structure of the dvd files. Something in my setup?

K.
Stacking should detect and stack a dvd folder based off the video_ts.ifo file. It'll look for "moviename/video_ts.ifo" or "moviename/video_ts/video_ts.ifo". And they get stacked into just "moviename" and if you click it, it should play.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
also, press play rather than select.
I play stacked DVD folders all the time. The "SELECT" action works. The "PLAY" action is not necessary.
YES!

Thanks for all good advice. The confusion was that the top menu "said" STACK. I took that as a sign for the STACK was on... It was not. When the stack is on, the top menu show unstack as a "button" to turn of the stack function. ;o)

K.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play movies with less clicks0