Problems with python and internet
i'm sorry to just stand up and ask for help, but i have no idea what's wrong...

xbmc can access imdb, and weather.com, but anything using python cannot access the internet. the new kml script, the rss reader, gamespot trailers... none of them can access the servers they need to.

i've updated python lib's, searched long and hard for info but found none. xbmc loads ip and dns data from evox.

can anyone help me? i'd really appreciate some help here. i realise i may be missing something really simple, but i'm at witts end.

thanks to anyone that can/tries to help
hello i had the same prob (that's why i end up on your post ;-), moreover i noticed that not only python but also streaming was not working.

i've changed my network settings (ip, dns, gateway) from "dashboard" to "manual" and now streaming and network in python works.

hope it'll help.
i manually set the network settings, and now everything works perfectly, i can't thank you enough..

thanks so much
i think we will never say too much !
it is not because you have weather and rss works .... that all the internet will work !
there is a python script, you will find it here : http://xbmc-scripts.gueux.be/scripts/inettest.rar
what this script does :
check if your connection enables to resolve ip to dns
check if your connection enables to resolve dns to ip
if both of these lines are ok, then your connection should work perfectly. i think that before your changing, one of these was not working.
in your dash, i recommend to always put the ip of the pc that share the connection, for the dns (or the ip of your routeur)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with python and internet0