XBMC No video playback
Hello, I was searching through the threads but could not find someone with my exact problem.....

I move all my audio and video files to my Xbox HD via USB. I place them in the appropriate folders on my Xbox. My Xbox and XBMC have been running perfectly for about a year. I recently have found that I can play audio, but when I select a video file (.mpg that has been played before on the Xbox) it will no longer play that file. It just acts as if nothing was selected. While trying to fix the problem I copied a new video file to the folder and it erased all of the other video files that were already on the Xbox in that specific folder. I am unsure of what the problem is....

Could this be something with the BIOS? How can I rectify that?
Is there a way to format the Xbox and start fresh?

Any help would be appreciated. And I apologize if I am overlooking a thread that already exists, but I thought the fact that my files were deleted was unique to this problem. Thanks.
This sounds suspiciously like cluster-based corruption, caused by placing more then 256gb worth of data on a badly formatted FATX partition. For now, don't attempt to place any more data on the drive, or you'll probably just lose more files.

Eg:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=709450
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC No video playback0