• 11(current)
[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC
In 1.8, I added music videos, set the content, went to library mode and the views are there. Access them by pressing UP on Videos and going to Music Videos from there. Let me know if that doesnt work.
To learn more, click here.
Just going through movies in list view.

The movie poster myself seems too small. Maybe this can be increased to take up more room, when I get back I shall take a screen shot, but you have say a 100 x 100 movie poster with the year underneath, and a reasonable amount of space that is below and around it.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
MarkTaunton Wrote:Just going through movies in list view.

The movie poster myself seems too small. Maybe this can be increased to take up more room, when I get back I shall take a screen shot, but you have say a 100 x 100 movie poster with the year underneath, and a reasonable amount of space that is below and around it.

That is a file mode view. Go to the other list views for movies.
Yeah I've looked at other views, but as said, in list view, the poster still seems too small.

I love the skin, please do not get me wrong.

My TV is a 37 inch about five feet from where I am sitting at the moment, but the text on a big screen and at distance seems too small.

In information view (keystroke I) the font is still smallish, needs to be more bold to go in with the screen.

XMBC really needs to output to a second monitor, especially for touchscreen use, then it would be more excellent than it is now.

But I seriously love the skin, I haven't been a fan of simple skins, but this is simple but elegant as well.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
skin is awesome! Def replacing Alaska as my default.... Only thing I'm looking for is the ability to access favorites from the Home Menu. Any plans on implementing this?
follow up, I'm sure someone has addressed this but I couldn't find it anywhere.... How do I get those cool show name logos in the TV shows section?

Found it...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71954

if anyone else is looking
Added Landscape.jpg support. (Credit for the idea goes to simply.mots)

It is turned on under skin settings and changes the fanart image to landscape.jpg.

See below: Note* Posters are skewed b/c I have a mix of banners/posters for testing purposes but you get the idea.

Yay, awesome Big Grin Thanks for implementing it so quickly! (i add a simply. to my nick if it isn't available ;P)
Update* Added Favorites button.

[quote=igotdvds]Update* Added Favorites button.

wow man your all over it! Nod Nod

Awesome skin, great job !
Is it close to be released to masses? Smile
Japaja Wrote:Is it close to be released to masses? Smile

Close. Waiting on some graphics from djeglin then we are going official.
Looks really good! Smile

Is it ready for the new XBMC release in a few days (Addons support etc.)?
Ayla Wrote:Looks really good! Smile

Is it ready for the new XBMC release in a few days (Addons support etc.)?

Negative. We started this before that was out there, that will have to get added in as I have yet to even look at it.
Sorry it has been taking a while to get this ready, guys... I've been kind of busy lately with real life things, which can make it kind of hard to work on this thing. Still, I'm around and hopefully will be getting the last few graphical kinks worked out over the next week or so.

Once thats done, and we go official, then we will do a bit of work to get some features in there that we know we need (Like support for addons in the coming XBMC update). After that we'll support the release and welcome input from the community in the form of mods etc. I have a few other ideas that I would like to work on in the near future as well, so that may or may not lead to other skins coming in the future... We'll see.

Anway, thanks for your patience... Hopefully this will be done and official soon!

Cheers

David
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC5