• 3(current)
[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC
Is the "Welo View" the Easter Egg??

Also, what is the "Home" icon on the main screen for?
I think I found it Smile but I dont want to spoil it right here for other searchers. Oh and I love the alternate view for the Scroll View.

One thing I might suggest, is reducing the amount of views per media type (movies/seasons/episodes/music) to a smaller amount to be able to keep a very high quality as well as a conformity throughout the skin.

As far as I saw you have more then enough awesome viewtypes already in there but I would cut 1 or 2 (will list them as bugs on the website).

Edit: dammit didnt see that post (me == blind)
Guys,

Before I start giving feedback: I found some weird allignments an such, so: What is the preffered Revision for XBMC to test this on? I have several machines, all with revisionnumbers between the high 27xxx's and low 28xxx's.
Joy In Repitition
Thanks for the interest and feedback so far, guys. It really helps us get this thing ready for a full public release. Mods, any chance you could move this to its own subforum in the main Skins area? I think before too long there is going to be a real need for us to expand out into separate posts for some issues.

Cheers

David
picodegiao Wrote:Is the "Welo View" the Easter Egg??

Also, what is the "Home" icon on the main screen for?

Home icon is there as an informative section only, it doesnt do anything else.

Yes, the easter egg has been found. How did you like it. Turn off CDs and I think I nailed his concept.

D0nR0sa Wrote:I think I found it Smile but I dont want to spoil it right here for other searchers. Oh and I love the alternate view for the Scroll View.

One thing I might suggest, is reducing the amount of views per media type (movies/seasons/episodes/music) to a smaller amount to be able to keep a very high quality as well as a conformity throughout the skin.

As far as I saw you have more then enough awesome viewtypes already in there but I would cut 1 or 2 (will list them as bugs on the website).

Edit: dammit didnt see that post (me == blind)

Edit: GREAT find Don, I added your code and it moves much smoother. Thanks!

I agree there are a ton of views, but I like it that way, plenty of options. Feel free to suggest which ones you would remove. (There are actually more I have that I removed already, lol)

Also, please let me know which ones you like the most as it can guide us in the right direction for future updates.

Batemann Wrote:Guys,

Before I start giving feedback: I found some weird allignments an such, so: What is the preffered Revision for XBMC to test this on? I have several machines, all with revisionnumbers between the high 27xxx's and low 28xxx's.

I am using 28256 or something like that.
To learn more, click here.
You did nail it pretty well!

I like having the massive selection of views. And the ones you've included are great! Maybe you can post the .xml's of the views you removed as a separate download for those who want even more.

I am loving this skin so far. It might just get me away from Confluence (unless the wife complains, but she's gone for a week so I'm Shadein' it all the time)
Just downloaded and trying out now, but shall have a proper look later on when I am not too stressed out.

So far looks very good, probaly my second favourite skin, behind Xperience. The wide range of views are excellent, and if possible, should be increased upon if possible with new ideas.

This is deffinatly a winner, and so far no problems, with just going through the main menus.

It would be nice to see a new screen saver though in skins, I'm not sure if the screensavers are just bog standard with XBMC or can be added extra screensavers.

Regards

Mark
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
How do you change the background images on the home screen? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just don't see the option to do so in the skin options.
ValiantXI Wrote:How do you change the background images on the home screen? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just don't see the option to do so in the skin options.

Should be under the Home section under Skin Settings.
Should the recently added script be working? I've tried it on the latest dsplayer build and 28256, getting "script failed".

I also don't see the option to change background images under skin settings, only option to hide sections.
I was thinking the same thing. I didn't see the option to change the backgrounds.
How do i access the file manager? and system info?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
elecga Wrote:Should the recently added script be working? I've tried it on the latest dsplayer build and 28256, getting "script failed".

I also don't see the option to change background images under skin settings, only option to hide sections.

You guys are right, I forgot I removed that section and honestly I forget why I removed it. I will rehash this and look at it again.

xbs08 Wrote:How do i access the file manager? and system info?

Do you mean File mode? And what system info are you referring to?
I think xbs08 is asking about the File Manager (I think Confluence has it under the System slideout menu). It might just be a part of the skin that hasn't been added.
picodegiao Wrote:I think xbs08 is asking about the File Manager (I think Confluence has it under the System slideout menu). It might just be a part of the skin that hasn't been added.

Oh, now I remember the dialog with file locations on each side. I didnt have anywhere to put that since I took out submenus. Is it necessary, do enough people use it?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC5