• 13(current)
[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC
WhyS Wrote:Lovely skin. Been trying it out for the last couple of hours.

My biggest problem so far is when I'm navigating to and from the Home screen. The transition has no smoothness and it also takes about 2 seconds. When in 'Movies' and returning to 'Home' (pressing esc) I see the Video-backdrop for about 1-2 secs before being returned to the Home screen.

Also I couldn't find an option for changing backgrounds.

- when at the home screen, at the top right corner there's a "10..."
What's the significance of this?

Great, great skin. (new default)

I would love for someone to help me fix that smoothness issue when exiting.

I have the code done for changing backgrounds but it doesnt work right and I cant figure it out.

The 10 is the temperature on the home screen.

Thanks for all your kind words.
To learn more, click here.
2.1 uploaded for you testers.

Just downloaded, and god am I good, deffinatly looks a lot better without the black bras there, ooops I mean bars.

I now have a picture of Avatar for Movies, Dr Who for TV Shows, and you can see the whole lot, apart from obviously the icons.

Future suggestion, having the icons either, top, middle or bottom.

Just found a bug.

When you press up to show the menu bar, it blacks out most of the screen at the bottom.

Apart from that, totally love the skin. Just thought of another idea not sure if this is possible, but you have movies.jpg but having say the skin grabbing different images from movies, or if you have movies1.jpg movies2.jpg etc, it randomises the views.

So glad I became a tester on this skin, top notch.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
MarkTaunton Wrote:Just downloaded, and god am I good, deffinatly looks a lot better without the black bras there, ooops I mean bars.

I now have a picture of Avatar for Movies, Dr Who for TV Shows, and you can see the whole lot, apart from obviously the icons.

Future suggestion, having the icons either, top, middle or bottom.

Just found a bug.

When you press up to show the menu bar, it blacks out most of the screen at the bottom.

Apart from that, totally love the skin. Just thought of another idea not sure if this is possible, but you have movies.jpg but having say the skin grabbing different images from movies, or if you have movies1.jpg movies2.jpg etc, it randomises the views.

So glad I became a tester on this skin, top notch.

Fixed the bug. Thanks for catching that.

I will look into moving the menu, gotta run it by djeglin (if i ever hear from him again).

New file uploaded (redownload 2.1)
The menu is really fine where it is, but I know some people like it in different places, so would be a good optional thing to have time permitting.

Pretty much this is ready for release as a beta, and just updating as you can.

** Update **

I am not sure for why, but I am using Shade for Master User and I am able to turn off Movies, but when I log into TV Shows, then I am not able to turn off Movies?

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
You might have to upload again. Just downloaded the new file, but when I try and extract it, it stops at 74% saying corrupted file, and downloaded twice now and both the same spot.

Regards

Mark

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
MarkTaunton Wrote:You might have to upload again. Just downloaded the new file, but when I try and extract it, it stops at 74% saying corrupted file, and downloaded twice now and both the same spot.

Regards

Mark

Uploaded. Smile
Sadly still no go for 2.1 the download seems to finish way to early, I'm not sure if someone else is having the same problem, but once downloaded still stops at 74%.

I have tried downloading 2.0 and that downloads correctly and unrars with no problems at all.

Regards

Mark

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
MarkTaunton Wrote:Sadly still no go for 2.1 the download seems to finish way to early, I'm not sure if someone else is having the same problem, but once downloaded still stops at 74%.

I have tried downloading 2.0 and that downloads correctly and unrars with no problems at all.

Regards

Mark

You're not the only one, attempting it again right now, grab it in a few.
Yep that one works Smile

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
Ok more constructive criticism

Studio logos they are nice but in thumbnail view there are far too many blanks. Personally I think you need to get rid of studios and make it less wanting to be proffesional. To a movie buff I can understand that this is going to be an added bonus.

If you can have this as an optional extra, I do not think that someone will want to make logos for all the new movie companys coming up.

More to follow, I think this needs to be stripped back to the bare essentials, rather than trying to be a smart skin.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
Movies thumbnail view

You deffinatly need icons for those, rather than blanks, possibly poster views or DVD views would be nice then the end user being able to chose between there own favourite cover or being able to create their own.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
MarkTaunton Wrote:Movies thumbnail view

You deffinatly need icons for those, rather than blanks, possibly poster views or DVD views would be nice then the end user being able to chose between there own favourite cover or being able to create their own.

Please explain this further, I am confused. Huh

Also, I think you are one of maybe 3 people using this skin and giving feedback. Thanks for your efforts.
Sorry movie genre views, you need icons for these

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
MarkTaunton Wrote:Sorry movie genre views, you need icons for these

Edit: Just remembered I did this for the list view for genres, I just have to add the images to the thumbnail view. Done in a few and new upload will come after. Smile

Edit2: Done! Looks much better now. I had to make it a new view b/c TV Shows have too many weird genre titles, I didnt have images for all of them. So this view is for movies only.

• 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] Shade - A new skin for XBMC5