[WINDOWS] Apple Remote to work for XBMC?
m_lopez_h Wrote:Ok, I have all the events mapped and EventGhost can see all the AppleIR events. Problem is, once I launch XBMC, the remote doesn't work. Anything special I need to do to have XBMC "see" the IR data that EventGhost is passing through?

Nevermind, got it working. Operator error... Oo
can you use apple remote on windows 7(not mac hardware so no bootcamp driver installed)

thx
Hi,

i used eventghost very long time with win7 on my mini mac (with BC). I just want to have 2 functions on Menu-button from the apple alu-remote during xbmc navigation:

1. short press = escape (works well)
2. long press/ hold = keyboard emulation with "i" (for Information)

The problem is, that always i hold the button first a esc-command is sent... how can i config evenghost for sending only the long press command an not the esc command before?

Thanks!
kind regards
Peter
hi there
thanks for this great tute
got the apple remote to recognize in xbmc
one problem i doint understand

when i press and hold up it will continuously scroll up (great)
when i press and hold down it doesnt (not great)
you can see in the key logs to the left that press and hold up repeats the macro over and over but press and hold down only runs the macro once
i have the same issue for left and right
any ideas?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2r32lk68lf6h7...20hold.gif

also how did you setup the press and hold features?
when i try to replicate what you have done in your image it just emulates a double press of the remote button

cheers
con
Someone directed me to this post, so I am just curious. Has anyone had any success with making the apple remote do more than just the basic navigation/playback commands? I've tried all sorts of things with eventghost, and I cant get it to work as well as it does under OSX, where depending on where you are in it, the buttons do different things. Example, the navigation buttons, acting as volume, fast forward/rewind upon playback, then reverting back once playback is stopped, for navigation?

And instead of just attaching images, may I suggest we swap eventghost scripts to help one another out? Smile
(2013-01-28, 00:27)unvaluablespace Wrote: Someone directed me to this post, so I am just curious. Has anyone had any success with making the apple remote do more than just the basic navigation/playback commands? I've tried all sorts of things with eventghost, and I cant get it to work as well as it does under OSX, where depending on where you are in it, the buttons do different things. Example, the navigation buttons, acting as volume, fast forward/rewind upon playback, then reverting back once playback is stopped, for navigation?

And instead of just attaching images, may I suggest we swap eventghost scripts to help one another out? Smile

The different behavior within XBMC is done with keymaps (wiki). For example, I simulate Apple Remote-style controls for a Boxee remote using this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt...Box_remote
Ah ok. And how does this work? Is there a key map for the apple remote? I could be wrong, but I think the apple remote is a different beast, as by itself it doesn't seem to send proper keys to windows. In eventghost, you have to choose the apple device as raw input, and even the driver has to be a generic input device, the apple drivers don't work properly, and code the buttons for iTunes.
ok well I found an apple remote keymap within xbmc. ive tried replacing the keyboard.xml, and various other xmls but to no avail. whats interesting is the apple remote DOES work with apples bootcamp drivers, as the play/pause, center button, left and right buttons all seem to work with xbmc. While playing a video, the play/pause and center button pauses and resumes a movie, the left and right buttons skip scenes within the movie, and while navigating, if you press right, a popup about playlists appears. Other than that though, the apple remote doesn't function. This is with apple's drivers. If you set the driver to use a generic input driver, the remote does nothing on its own, unless you use eventghost to tag commands to button events, using raw input data. problem is, with this, you cant really get the remote to work like the actual apple remote, for hold events, or xbmc to respond to button presses differently when you are in various menus.

Upon looking at the actual apple bootcamp drivers which do work in XBMC, evenghost only sees the buttons I mentioned before, so up, down, menu, etc don't actually show up as responses at all. weird....:-\
One idea would be to use eventghost to make the apple remote work with that Boxee remote xml file example.
Hi!

Could somebody share the eventghost file?

I am completely lost Sad
Question 
(2012-09-03, 19:14)Peter911 Wrote: Hi,

i used eventghost very long time with win7 on my mini mac (with BC). I just want to have 2 functions on Menu-button from the apple alu-remote during xbmc navigation:

1. short press = escape (works well)
2. long press/ hold = keyboard emulation with "i" (for Information)

The problem is, that always i hold the button first a esc-command is sent... how can i config evenghost for sending only the long press command an not the esc command before?

Thanks!
kind regards
Peter

First super old thread I know. But the need for HD Audio and the lack of it from OSX has me in this same situation. Other than the remote insanity XBMC bootcamp on Win7x64 is pretty great. So I have eventghost working, but I'm hitting the same situation, how can I do a long press without event ghost first triggering the short press event?
Sweet, Just got it to work. This is a lot easier to use then my lenovo remote in XBMC.

Thanks!

I gotta play around with it a bit so i can make it do more stuff. Right now I just have it doing basic things, Up, down..ect ect.

All it took was a 5min google search to find a solution.
Many have asked, but no replies. Any reason why an XML file cannot be posted. It would really make my life a lot easier. Thanks!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Well I can post my XML file it's basic, gets you the ability to launch XBMC, up, down, left, right and repeat on those, play / pause and menu. I'm going to look at it again and see if I can configuration jump parameters and figure out how to get a long press out of menu.
Thanks, this would be fantastic. What I am struggling with is to have the context menu come up. Basically what "c" on the keyboard does or what "long click" on the Apple Remote on OSX.

Thanks for your help!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Apple Remote to work for XBMC?0