XBMC (Mac) with Aeon Showmix - Keeps Crashing...
Hey XBMC users,

I'm pretty new to using XBMC, and well I recently got the Camelot 9.11 for Mac OSX and I downloaded the Aeon Showmix 2.1 and also 2.5.

And with both Showmix 2.1 & 2.5 they crash whenever I open Music -> Artists or even opening Movies.

I've got around 300 albums and after its scanned and gotten all the artwork and information it simply kept crashing.

Tried Showmix 2.5 and it did the same, and then I tried with the GIT installer to try get the latest version and still did the same.

Any ideas ??
yes, this is normal behavior, because Aeon is most unfinished, unstable, unorganized project in history Wink

I use stable Linux, stable Xbmc, and Aeon NEVER works for me. I tried several times to reach Aeon nirvana (different versions/mods) - but always I get crashes, freezes, slowness etc.

So, ...welcome to Aeon Smile
// Self made HTPC: ION + Atom 330 (Asus AT3N7A-I + new silent fan) // 1GB RAM // 1,5 TB HDD //
// MCE USB remote // Modecom Feel 302 // ArchLinux + latest svn XBMC //
b4sh Wrote:yes, this is normal behavior, because Aeon is most unfinished, unstable, unorganized project in history Wink

I use stable Linux, stable Xbmc, and Aeon NEVER works for me. I tried several times to reach Aeon nirvana (different versions/mods) - but always I get crashes, freezes, slowness etc.

That is because you have no clue what you are doing then.....

Used it for over a year and my sides hurt from laughing at everyone who has problems with it.
b4sh Wrote:yes, this is normal behavior, because Aeon is most unfinished, unstable, unorganized project in history Wink

This is a bit unfair to say that Oo
The founder and after him several dedicated users spent countless hours to finish this project (Hitcher, Ekim232, Phil65 etc etc...)
Some mods are now running just fine and as stable as any other xbmc skin.
Almost all skins around borrowed at some stage something from Aeon.

And if you want speed with Aeon you can have it

Convert your fanarts
I had another go at it yesterday with Aeon Showmix 2.5.... And it didn't crash not even once... It must have been my Mac needed a proper restart, my bad...

Seriously good work on the XBMC Aeon Showmix skin.

I've just bought a new 40" LCD TV, so I'm doing some testing on a Mac before I build myself a Mini PC in which it will run Windows XP OS just to run XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC (Mac) with Aeon Showmix - Keeps Crashing...0