Newb Help Needed
Hi all.

I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm an idiot, so I really need things explained like I was a child.

I have 2 main issues. First, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get TV Shows into the TV Show menu. It says to get them under Videos, which I did, but can't figure out how to get it to appear under TV Shows.

Secondly, when I did add the TV Show media under videos, it just showed the first frame of the show in the windows at the bottom, and it did not have any art. How can I get the scraper to work?

I have read through a lot on this forum, but cannot figure this out! Thanks in advance for any help, and like I said, I'm an idiot.
Did you try the quick start guide

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thank you. That was helpful in getting the media to the right place. It also added the appropriate backdrop when browsing over the show name. However, the DVD-like panes that scroll at the bottom just show a piece of the backdrop, and next to the show info is a highly compressed version of the backdrop. What do I have to do to get the appropriate art into place?

edit: I meant to mention before, if it was not obvious due to where I'm posting, that I'm using the Aeon skin, which I chose for its stunning beauty.
I am failing much more than you at this so do not feel bad lol. I still cannot get my TV Shows to show up in the TV section. I believe I followed the wiki correctly and set the content to TV.
Haha CTDavis. Glad to see I am not alone. I did finally get my TV Shows and Movies to come up in the right places and with the appropriate art. I am in awe of how amazing it looks! A great tool that really helped me tons as far as naming/scraping art and info is Media Companion. If you haven't already, download it now...you won't be sorry.
@CTDavis

The easiest way I found to achieve this when I first started and had the same problem was to ensure that the episode files are named appropriately. I tried a number of different conventions but the one that proved the most successful for me whilst I was learning was as follows (using the show 24 as an example)

{drive letter}/24/Season 1/24 - S01E01.{whatever extension you have} so for me it would be T:/24/Season 1/24 - S01E01.avi

Note there are plenty of other ways to name your episodes this is just the one I used. If you set the scraper correctly but the files aren't named appropriately then you won't see anything in your library.

It is also worth checking the build you are running. If you've been running the nightlies then there is every chance the TV scraper isn't working properly, in which case you'll get nothing also. However, I can confirm that on Camelot, with that naming convention and scraper set to theTVDB it works Smile
Yamaha DSP-Z7 / Spendor S8e L+R / Spendor C9e / M&K C35 RL + RR / REL 505 + Q201E SW's. HTPC : Moneual 932 / Asus P5K Premium / Intel 3.16 Ghz Core Duo / Ati 5770 Vapor X / Auzentech Xfi Home Cinema HD / 20 TB's custom built Raid 60 NAS
Yep SxxExx.avi works 99% of the time. Though the other naming should be good also...

While Aeon is beautiful, it's alot easier to navigate and follow the wiki instructions in Confluence first..set it up and get things working in Confluence, then play with other skins.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the responses. I have finally been able load television shows and art work correctly. This tool/skin is really amazing. Looks beautiful on my TV. I am a slow learner but enjoying all of the details within this skin.
Try This XBMC Noobs Guide Tutorials on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKlRjyhJh4M

Or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOderX7bS1Y

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newb Help Needed0