newest xbmc and xbox
hi

i have heard that support for newest xbmc releases is stopped. no new featues etc. only bug fixes. am i right ?
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze
Yup, you are (for Xbox)...
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
ah pitty. thx for info.
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze
ukasz Wrote:ah pitty. thx for info.

No, not pity. The xbox has gone as far as it can in regards to xbmc features. Adding anymore from this point will only hurt reliability, which will in turn move people away from the console. I totally agree with this decision.

Arnova has a very big, very lonesome job of maintaining the xbox branch. If no new features are added then code cleanup and reliability/performance can be focused on.

The split also allows for specific skins to be fine tuned just for the xbox, so people can enjoy their media without out of memory lockups and resource based glitches.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I agree with Cranial! I want a super fast super stable xbox branch with all that it currently does. Maybe less. Fine tune it, optimize it, dont and a thing. Lets see some skins that run fast and look clean! I still use original PMIII as I cannot find a skin that looks as polished all the way to the smallest of details. I would love a decent fanart view that did not bog the system down. Wish Jezz_x would finish that updated 360 type skin with the black blades he was working on! His code/skins always ran/run so clean.

I look forward to anything that is done to my favorite toy. I still love my xbox and use it daily after all these years.
Yep agree with Cranial too - Xbox has gone far enough and Arnova has done wonders keeping it updated this far.
i am looking for something to watch tv using tvheadend and soon xbmc will have multiple pvr clients. that is why. i want to use one server and no dreamboxes etc since price is too high comparing to what you get.
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze
I haven't updated my XBOX in years since I put XBMC on it. What's the newest stable release? Do I still get it from that T3CH site?

Thanks!

J
Yep Cranial hit the nail on the head. @Cranial, Nice sig Smile

@ukasz, Yep use T3ch's latest or google xbmc nightly builds. Make sure you pop over and check out xbmc4xbox in my sig to. The xbox bleeding edge builds are pretty stable so dont feel to afraid to try em out, Pop over to xbmc4xbox.org if you want more advice on upgrading to bleeding edge builds.
@jjchambers
Yes, get the latest version available there. Do not overwrite the XBMC when it's running, place in a separate folder and try it by running the new one from the old File Manager, or overwrite, but only through some other dashboard (if you have one).
Paybac Wrote:Yep Cranial hit the nail on the head. @Cranial, Nice sig Smile

@ukasz, Yep use T3ch's latest or google xbmc nightly builds. Make sure you pop over and check out xbmc4xbox in my sig to. The xbox bleeding edge builds are pretty stable so dont feel to afraid to try em out, Pop over to xbmc4xbox.org if you want more advice on upgrading to bleeding edge builds.

so it means that when new xbmc with pvr tv features will come it will be available on xbox ? i am confused
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze
ukasz Wrote:so it means that when new xbmc with pvr tv features will come it will be available on xbox ? i am confused

I am not sure if pvr tv will get ported back or not i know nothing about that. But basically the xbox only gets new features ported back to it that will work. Arnova decides what gets ported back to the xbox. So there isn't actually anything getting freshly developed specifically for the xbox. There is also the ocassional fix and the streamlining and updating of code. And Arnova does his best to port back anything that will work on the xbox.

Someone correct me if i got this wrong.

I'm sure someone else will pop along to answer more specifically about pvr tv
Paybac Wrote:I am not sure if pvr tv will get ported back or not i know nothing about that. But basically the xbox only gets new features ported back to it that will work. Arnova decides what gets ported back to the xbox. So there isn't actually anything getting freshly developed specifically for the xbox. There is also the ocassional fix and the streamlining and updating of code. And Arnova does his best to port back anything that will work on the xbox.

Someone correct me if i got this wrong.

I'm sure someone else will pop along to answer more specifically about pvr tv

I also know nothing about PVR TV... but hey, Australia, New Zealand, there's nothing on TV to bother recording!

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Cranial Wrote:I also know nothing about PVR TV... but hey, Australia, New Zealand, there's nothing on TV to bother recording!

Since I don't know of 1 TV Tuner for the Xbox I don't think that's an issue one must worry about Smile
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
newest xbmc and xbox0