Out Of Memory With Confluence
I'm testing out the Confluence skin on my Xbox, but I have a fairly big problem. It won't play any media files. I've tried a bunch of videos, but none of them ever load; when I select them at the menu screen, nothing happens, except for the GUI clicking sound. After looking at the standard xbmc.log file, it seems that it is an available memory error. I have uploaded the debug log here: http://pastebin.com/K5U2D6aD [Look around line 1,091; that's when I started to see errors.]
Is this a common error with this skin? It seems pretty system resource-heavy, so I would assume so. I had this same error with the "Operation" PM3.HD mod skin, too.
Download xbox friendly skins from here:

xbox skins

These are maintained by Bram77 (I believe) so kudos to him.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Actually, that's where I downloaded it from; since I wanted to get one that I was sure would work... I guess I was wrong.
maybe this is a dumb question but...

Are you using 3072 cache size to play an .avi from the xbox hdd?

17:51:16 M: 6955008 INFO: mplayer play:G:\videos\Corner Gas\Corner Gas - s03e01.Dress.For.Success.avi cachesize:3072

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:maybe this is a dumb question but...

Are you using 3072 cache size to play an .avi from the xbox hdd?

17:51:16 M: 6955008 INFO: mplayer play:G:\videos\Corner Gas\Corner Gas - s03e01.Dress.For.Success.avi cachesize:3072
Yeah, I thought a bigger cache size would let me play higher-quality videos with less stuttering. Should I reset it to the default? [By the way, what is the default?]
Bigger cache = more memory being used.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
From the xbox hdd i believe its 512 or 256 Smile

Are those HQ videos 720p mkv's?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
In some cases using a bigger cache can even result in the reverse effect causing performance degredation....
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
Good thing that's showing in the log and good eye xbs08.

I guess this falls in the category which proves there was a point in not making the Cache settings available in the GUI, but don't get me wrong, I still want them in there :-)

@lisalover1
Stuttering when playing movies on your HDD doesn't come from having a normal size cache, but rather from too much information for the CPU to process, 512 KB should be plenty for most videos (meaning 4096 kbps, play the same video in VLC on your PC and see the bitrates in Tools > Media Information > Statistics). Going overboard with the cache will just make XBMC throwup in other parts of the system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Out Of Memory With Confluence0