[TV SHOW LOGOS] Sign-up to help organize
Before the logos get way to big and reach the 1000's. It'll be good to standardize them. Right now it shows we have 854 logos. Though some are alternates and some are by mistake like logo453.png, So I'd say there are around 750 unique shows...

I'd like to have a standardized naming convention for easier transition to the TVdb and for ppic to create a script in the meantime for people to easily download them.

There are 27, a-z plus #'s, slots... so however many people we get I'll assign a group of letters for that person to rename. So if 13 people sign-up the everyone gets 2 letters, etc...Probably 2x check quality also if enough people sign up.

We'll let this sign up go to maybe end of day Friday...May 28th 2010. Then proceed from there.

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Naming convention should be:
1. all lowercase, no spaces TV show name
2. separated by a hyphen -
3. followed by the tvdb id
4. Obviously if multiple logos pick the best one

chuck-80348.png
thebigbangtheory-80379.png

Alternates should be named like example below, but if you think about really 1 logo is enough. But we will name alternates for the time being and cross that bridge later:

chuck-80348-2.png
thebigbangtheory-80379-2.png

**How to get the tvdb id?

Look up the show on the tvdb site and in the address bar you'll see:

Between the = and & symbols you'll see a 5 digit number, that number 79335 in the picture is the tvdb id.

I'll help, but isn't this a little pre-emptive? I mean, assuming support is added at TVDB, wouldn't we just upload them there and szori's backend renames them how it needs them anyway. We could end up having to look up each show twice, unless he'll be able to take the output of this project and batch import everything into his database directly...?
Already asked him, he said a naming convention like stated above will work great for him. With a naming convention with the "tvdb id" in it, he can just write some type of mass importer script to collect them...

yes that's true, it would be easier to integrate after that.
You can count me in i will help in any way i can.Nod
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
mcborzu Wrote:Already asked him, he said a naming convention like stated above will work great for him. With a naming convention with the "tvdb id" in it, he can just write some type of mass importer script to collect them...

Yeah, we already discussed it and this naming scheme includes the aspects I absolutely need to import automatically. When the time comes I can write an importer for them in under 15 minutes and they'd be live on the new site. My importer will probably rename them to clearlogo.png on import and place them into the proper subdirectory, but that's my responsibility with this. Smile
szsori Wrote:Yeah, we already discussed it and this naming scheme includes the aspects I absolutely need to import automatically. When the time comes I can write an importer for them in under 15 minutes and they'd be live on the new site. My importer will probably rename them to clearlogo.png on import and place them into the proper subdirectory, but that's my responsibility with this. Smile

Your call in the end on how this ends up but we have been using logo.png. If or when XBMC accepts them, which having tvdb host them dramatically increases the chances, it would save all of us from having to rename them.

Oh, if a dev wanders by could you please change the title from sing to sign

Sorry i've read too fast your 1st post (skipped the second half) and I have already done 0-9 and U-Z

but i have a question : what to do with specials character mostly "." and "()"

in logo-5-24.zip : whoselineisitanyway.png
full name : Whose Line Is It Anyway (UK)
rename to : whoselineisitanyway(uk)-78521.png
or rename to : whoselineisitanywayuk-78521.png

in logo-5-24.zip : Venture Bros.png
full name : The Venture Bros.
rename to : theventurebros-72306.png
or rename to : theventurebros.-72306.png

download : logos_c-d_u-z_0-9.rar
My name is Erier, Humf Erier
Imho it just makes sense to eliminate such characters from the filenames, why over-complicate this?
the only important thing is the tvdbid, with it, we've access to other needed infos, it must be there so we can regexp it.
humferier Wrote:in logo-5-24.zip : whoselineisitanyway.png
full name : Whose Line Is It Anyway (UK)
rename to : whoselineisitanyway(uk)-78521.png
or rename to : whoselineisitanywayuk-78521.png

in logo-5-24.zip : Venture Bros.png
full name : The Venture Bros.
rename to : theventurebros-72306.png
or rename to : theventurebros.-72306.png

If show contains a special character might as well keep it...

The only reason I kept the show name is some people who already have 40 out of 45 of their shows might not use ppic's script and still like to search manually. Or some people just perfer to do it manually anyways.

Come on guys?

I only have:
Me
Paul
humferier - maybe he helped out but didn't officially volunteer

I'm not going to bother renaming these unless we get atleast 7 guys

If things get to big and too unorganized it will just be too big of a project. Plus it'll hurt the chances of getting into the tvdb, let alone XBMC unless these get named correctly.

I'll help you guys out.

I've only discovered XBMC within the last year and love the community it's built. So i'm willing to help renaming the logos Smile
mcborzu Wrote:Come on guys?

I only have:
Me
Paul
humferier - maybe he helped out but didn't officially volunteer

I'm not going to bother renaming these unless we get atleast 7 guys

I volunteered. I asked a question afterwards, but I was volunteering regardless....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TV SHOW LOGOS] Sign-up to help organize0