Intermittent Sound Issue - XBMC Live on Acer Revo 3610
Hi there.

I have an intermittent sound issue with my XBMC Live setup and am struggling to figure out how best to address it.

I have an Acer Revo 3610. I have installed XBMC Live on a USB flash drive and am running it from there. I ended up using XBMC Freak's optimized build as it seemed to fix several issues I was having with the official XBMC Live release. I have connected the Revo to my audio receiver via HDMI cable.

I installed it and went through set up and it worked flawlessly. But shortly after, sound stopped working. No audio from music or any of the several types of video files I have in my library. I have repeatedly gone through the system settings, toggled things on and off, but that doesn't work.

The frustrating part is that sometimes I get sound after a reboot. But, like I said, sound works intermittently. This is not precipitated by and changes to the XBMC Live settings or my stereo setup.

The Revo came with Win 7 preinstalled, which I left on the hard drive. And when I run Windows, there is never any sound issue. So I'm fairly confident that this isn't a hardware issue.

Help! I've combed through these forums, but haven't seen anything that seems appropriate. I am not a programmer and so I don't understand many of these posts, which were seemingly written by and for people with Linux programming knowledge.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks very much!
try the alsa sound settings i specify here > http://www.one-eye.co.uk/2010/05/return-...buntu.html
Thanks for your response, thermopyl!

Forgive me, but I am more or less completely out of my depth here.

Here's what I did:
1. I booted into Ubuntu XBMC Live - NVIDIA GPU SAFE MODE
2. I logged into XBMC
3. I entered the terminal commands as per your posting.

Unfortunately, I am still without sound in XBMC. Sigh.

Did I do anything wrong? Any other suggestions? Is there any additional information I can provide that would be useful?

Thanks so much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intermittent Sound Issue - XBMC Live on Acer Revo 36100