[WINDOWS] newbie HW questions
Ok, I’m pretty new here perhaps someone more experienced might point me in the right direction, I’m looking for HTPC - that runs windows 7, and does 1080p video streaming. I originally was looking at the WD 'live TV' thing but it would seem that a full computer would be much more useful. This let me to check out Dell's 'Studio hybrid' and their 'Zino' boxes, but after looking more into it and going through the forums here regarding the best hardware to use - ive seen a lot of chatter on the Shuttle XS35 and the new Lenovo IdeaCentre Q series - both of which look pretty cool.

But regressing - from what ive read the NVIDIA chipsets are better than say ATI becouse of the additional acceleration(?), and after reviewing the Intels Atom specs - that i should be looking for the D510 atom (pineview), I’m assuming that other faster processors could be used but might run hotter/louder(?). I’m willing to try the XMBC live distro (read linux), but would like to use Zinc TV, and have access to netflix (besides being able to run other windows apps would be cool) [itunes, pandora, etc...]. Being that I’m not going to use it for gaming, but do want a nice snappy system for a good home theater experience. I guess I’m wondering if I’m on the right path here(?), is there any real benefit of ION2(?) - seems like it might require a fan due to temp issues. What about memory is 2G enough? Sorry for all the questions but just looking for some answers.

Revo aspire ?
ZBOX HD-ID11 ?
Shuttle XS35 ?
Lenovo IdeaCentre Q150 ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] newbie HW questions0