• 1(current)
[WIP] XMB - a new skin for XBMC (PS3 XrossMediaBar inspired skin)

Here's XMB, a new skin in development for XBMC, inspired by the Sony XrossMediaBar that's used on the Sony PS3, Sony BD players, and Sony TV's.

It's being coded as we speak. All the usual views will be there (list, poster, wall, banner, etc) in some form or another. The idea is to keep the Xross bars as a central theme.

I'd like to say a quick thank you to the other XBMC skinners for some valuable and much need advice/guidance, with special thanks going to Hitcher!

Video Preview (home screen) (available in 720p!)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv2tHGUZfN0

Mockup Screens...

http://imgur.com/a/NYS33/xmb/1
I love seeing all the fresh ideas coming out.

This looks good so far, keep em comin.
To learn more, click here.
The 'TV list' view mockup is showing a poster and banner. The finished view will show one or the other, not both, depending on what option is chosen in settings.
I'll include some sort of transparent backdrop overlay so that lower resolution backdrops (say 640x360) can be used for lower spec machines (like the ION's). The overlay should hide any scaling defects caused by using lower res images.
The listings on the vertical Xcross bar will move above the horizontal Xcross bar by 2 options when scrolling down.
liquidskin76 Wrote:The 'TV list' view mockup is showing a poster and banner. The finished view will show one or the other, not both, depending on what option is chosen in settings.

Would it be possible to show both, and just have one named folder.jpg and the other poster/banner.jpg or somethin like that?

I love the look of the view with both displayed.
feerlessleadr Wrote:Would it be possible to show both, and just have one named folder.jpg and the other poster/banner.jpg or somethin like that?

I love the look of the view with both displayed.

Ok, fair enough! The options to enable could be one or the other, or both.
Yep, very nice.
Nice skin so far!
Wow, I've liked it! It'll go well with my Sony TV and PS3 Wink

Actually, it'll be fun Smile
Cheers everyone for the positive comments so far!
Looks disgustling nice and simple to use. (Typical PS3 owners lol)

At this rate, going to need more computers and TVs as so many top notch skins are coming out, getting harder and harder to pick a favourite now.

Look forward to the release of this.
I'm not a newbie. I always act this dumb.

Home Cinema Setup
-------------------
37 inch TV - Intel I3 530 @ 2.9GHZ - 4 Gig Memory - Silverstone home cinema case (silver)
Nice, I like this a lot - clean and simplistic.
j0nd0e Wrote:Nice, I like this a lot - clean and simplistic.

Cheers! That's the idea... to not overload the skin with to many objects, views, or features. A bit like Alaska.

i expect the skin will be 720p. Hopefully the only performance hitter will be the backdrops at 1080p/720p, hence the backdrop overlay i mentioned in post #4.
Yay! Simplicity - that's the first thing I look for in a new skin.

This one looks great so far. Cheers.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XMB - a new skin for XBMC (PS3 XrossMediaBar inspired skin)2